Recent Topics

1 May 17, 2009 01:45    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi, Please I need help, I have choosing a skin and i downloaded it and install it correctley, but when i view the blog it appears different, can someone please check it for me, I don't have much knowledge of html, but i can follow instruction. www.christian-world-voice.com

Thanks

2 May 17, 2009 07:06

And where's your b2evo blog? If you don't reply I'll move the topic to the spam section.

I hope you're not a spammer :)

3 May 17, 2009 08:53

Hi,
I am not a spammer, and I don't understand what you mean by where is the blog, if you mean the hosting company it's vodahost, and i have an option through the c/panel in vodahost which is called Fantastico, the blog is published with the domain name www.christian-world-voice.net and the blog skin i am using is purple_beauty i got this skin from the b2evolution website.

Thanks

4 May 17, 2009 08:56

Ok I now understand why you asked about my blog, I put the website address in the first post instead of the blog address, they have the same name but the website with .com and the blog with .net sorry

5 May 17, 2009 08:57

You linked to the .com version of your site in your first post, hence sam2kb's doubts ;)

¥

6 May 17, 2009 09:00

ya sorry i only saw it after i post the first reply.

8 May 17, 2009 09:40

I don't have much knowledge of html, but i can follow instruction, if possible can you please tel me where to find the folder

Thanks

9 May 17, 2009 09:49

You'd need to boot the FTP program of your choice, connect to your web folder and then go to /skins/purple_beauty/img/ and change the folder/file permissions to allow world read ( 0644 ) should suffice.

¥

10 May 17, 2009 10:04

I have changed the permissions for /skins/purple_beauty/img/body_bg.gif to allow world read, please check it.

11 May 17, 2009 14:59

your server wrote:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /skins/purple_beauty/img/body_bg.gif on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

You may need to allow world read on /skins/ && /skins/purple_beauty/ && /skins/purple_beauty/img/

¥

12 May 17, 2009 19:35

Ok, I changed the permission on the purple_beauty skin folder, but it doesn't allow my to change any other folder, so the img folder is auto deselected when i changed the main folder(purple_beauty skin folder).

13 May 18, 2009 20:00

If it was me, I'd delete the /purple_beauty/ folder from my web, grab a fresh copy of the zip, unzip it and upload it via ftp ;)

¥

14 May 18, 2009 20:07

Ok, I did that, also I have tryed to upload another 3 different skins with back ground pictures, all of them not working and i think it's something in the admin need to be enabled but i don't know what.
please check the 3 different blogs i have, the photoblog was already available, and it was working ok before but know it has the same problem even the b2evolution link logo is got red x

15 May 18, 2009 20:52

Okkkk, I fixed it, it was something to be disabled in the hosting admin area.

Thanks very much for your time.

16 May 18, 2009 20:52

Do I need to close this post, How?

Form is loading...