Recent Topics

1 May 25, 2009 07:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Has anyone out there used Tweetmeme (a Twitter application)? It's sort of just blocked in on http://www.timmystutor.com and shows up in IE but not Firefox. It is also not working properly I think because the same code is on all blog pages in the site. There are instructions for inserting it into a Blogger or Word Press skin...but nothing about b2evo. If anyone knows where I should put the code to have it track by blog post using b2evo I'd be eternally grateful. I think because I'm posting one blog post per page it should work if I knew how. THANKS Sue

2 Jun 03, 2009 21:57

I have put together a plugin that will put the tweetmeme badge on your blog posts. Still beta really but let me know if you want to play with it.

Lee

3 Jun 03, 2009 22:01

Absolutely...that would be great! I can't write a plugin but I can sure try it out ;o) THANKS Sue

5 Jun 04, 2009 19:54

Just downloaded it and will work on it this afternoon. I really appreciate your efforts 'o) Sue

7 Jun 04, 2009 22:50

Strange, looking at the source of your page it hasn't included the tweetmeme_source parameter (your twitter username). It only includes it if you have entered it in the user settings so not sure what is happening there. I can check it out for you if you want to pm me with a logon to your blog.

The counts are nothing to do with the plugin really. The plugin just inserts the code from tweetmeme which displays the retweet badge. The count on the badge should come from tweetmeme (unless I have miss understood something which is very likely :-)

L

8 Jun 05, 2009 10:30

Hi Sue, sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner about this. Thanks for the login to your blog. I have had a quick look and you are obviously spot on with entering your user name in the right field so no problem there.

One thing I did notice was that the user name field label has been changed to your "swaitela" where as it should say "Twitter username:". This makes me wonder if you edited the plugin file before you uploaded it as these labels are specified in there? If so then I think that this could be the reason it is not pulling in that field when the retweet badge is displayed. If this is the case then just grab a fresh copy of the plugin and upload it over the one that is there and lets see if that solves the problem.

If you didn't edit the file before uploading it then I guess the next thing to do is figure out why the label has changed :-)

Lee

9 Jun 06, 2009 19:19

Thanks for this lturner. Styly B)

I installed it once and immediately got a full blown MySQL error!, couldnt connect bla bla.

Freaked ! then deleted tweetme.php via ftp, fluffed around a bit, then my blog mysteriously came right again.

Ive gone back in, re-installed and seems fine now...so Im guessing Tweetmeme wasnt to blame?

What isnt working is the alignments, is somewhat amusing :). I have Tweetmeme's all over the place. Right align isnt working at all. My photoblog is showing the standard Tweetmeme's at top and bottom (though set for bottom left compact).
Main blog is also set for bottom left but page one has them all at top left (rest of the pages are fine).

Just thought you may want to know.

Adding: theres also a few "?" floating around, ie. it doesnt know whether a post has been tweeted or not.

10 Jun 06, 2009 20:11

Hi GigaBob

Thanks for the post. Not sure about the MySQL error. I certainly don't play about with any of that stuff in the plugin so I think like you say that wasn't anything to do with the plugin.

I have seen the problem you are talking about with the badges being displayed on the top and bottom on my blog also and I am not sure what the problem is yet. I need to test it further but just haven't had the time over the past few days. When I cleared the b2evo cache it sorted itself out so maybe you could try that. Not a solution but it may get them displaying correctly.

I use css to do the alignment so I will check out what the default css classes are that come with b2evo for the left and right alignment and take it from there. Obviously got that one wrong. That will teach me for throwing this thing together :-)

The question marks are a bit of a puzzle as I don't control the information that is in the badge so that must come from Tweetmeme itself. Unless the information the plugin provides to Tweetmeme is incorrect I am not sure how to fix that.

I'll try and get some testing in soon.

Cheers
Lee

11 Jun 06, 2009 20:24

...cleared the b2evo cache...

Ie. b2evo > tools > misc > Delete pre-renderered item cache. ??

12 Jun 06, 2009 20:31

GigaBob wrote:

...cleared the b2evo cache...

Ie. b2evo > tools > misc > Delete pre-renderered item cache. ??

Thats the one.

13 Jun 06, 2009 20:50

Is still funky. First reaction was problem solved but the more I played around with settings the more undone they got. Main blog was good when I headed to my photoblog (which started out well).

Photoblog I now cant get them to move from top left (with and without deleting cache in between attempts) and going back to main blog it somehow decided Id prefer standard at the top and bottom (without me touching settings).

I have a different user and skin for each blog.

14 Jun 06, 2009 20:56

OK. Thanks for trying it out GigaBob. I'll get to work on getting a fix out for it......... I should just learn to code :-)

Lee

16 Jul 20, 2009 17:22

I'm really confused - for me it isn't working... I wonder why it should be... the address is http://www.no-exit.lt/

The plugin is installed and shows no errors. It's just not there.

Any ideas? :)

thnx

17 Jul 20, 2009 18:11

Couple of things to try first:

1 - Clear your pre-rendered item cache : Tools - Misc - Delete pre-renderered item cache.

2 - If the above doesn't work then open the Tweetmeme plugin settings and select 'Always' for the 'Apply rendering:' field. (you may also have to clear the cache after doing this)

L

18 Jul 20, 2009 18:14

Hi!

I did both 1) and 2) and it started to work! Thank you, that's a nice addon.

Kind regards,
Ben

19 Jul 20, 2009 18:21

No worries, glad it is working for you :)

L

Form is loading...