Recent Topics

1 Nov 20, 2009 19:04    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

how to install new themes and how can i add about me page. i don't find about me page on any b2evolution skin which i got after installing b2evoltion.
Regards

2 Nov 20, 2009 19:55

first its very important to list your B2evo version as there is a simple way to create an about me page in 3.x and not so simple in 2.x

Installing skins is easy. First you must upload (via FTP) your skin that you downloaded (the entire folder) to the skins folder on your server. Then you go to the backoffice and install it there.

the menu option is global settings > skins > install new (in the upper right hand corner)

If you have a 3.x version to add a page you just go to posts/comments and click the page tab and create a page there.

If you have the 2.x version just let me know.

3 Nov 20, 2009 20:15

In 2.4.* it is fairly easy to create a page for "about me" or whatever. A "page" being a blog post that doesn't show up in the regular list of posts is the thing.

Select 'write' then 'expert' then write your page then select 'page' from the "type" dropdown menu. You will then want to use the Page List widget from your "Blog Settings -> pick a blog -> widgets -> install new" tab-tab-subtab-option.

And yeah ALWAYS include your b2evolution version, and ideally a link to your blog cuz we all wanna see it :)

Form is loading...