Recent Topics

1 Aug 06, 2004 22:35    

When MT announced their "new" scheme, I came across B2evolution. At the time, someone was creating an import script/add-on/hack/etc. to import blogs from MT (I run v. 2.65) to work in/under B2.

I'm considering switching to B2, but can't find any definitive answer on if there is now built-in support for migration from MT. I've checked the FAQ, installtion documentation, and the forum. Can someone update me/us on what the situation is for users like myself?

Thanks.

(Oh and if this is now a "feature" of B2, you might want to get it into the documentation and feature list.)

2 Aug 07, 2004 00:23

Yes, it is supported very nicely in 0.9.0.10. It's at .../blogs/admin/import-mt.php

Welcome to b2evolution. Please post a message here if you run into any snags running the script.

3 Aug 07, 2004 03:35

Thanks for the clarification.

It's going to be a few weeks before I can schedule the installation and migration. But, at least I know now that it is time to do it.

By the way, will my templates be imported as well? A minor point, but I spent a lot of time playing around with the look until I got it "right".

isaac wrote:

Yes, it is supported very nicely in 0.9.0.10. It's at .../blogs/admin/import-mt.php

Welcome to b2evolution. Please post a message here if you run into any snags running the script.

4 Aug 07, 2004 10:31

AFAIK, no your templates won't be imported. I did start a MT -> b2evo tag dictionary, but I got sidetracked by more interesting things. I can send you the quarter I got done if you want... It's not very hard to replace the tags with b2evo ones, really. Once you've got the xhtml and css worked out, dropping tags in is a doddle.

Form is loading...