Recent Topics

1 Sep 22, 2004 10:01    

are there any plans or existing hacks for integration of the: http://www.zhuo.org/htmlarea/ into b2evolution?

2 Sep 22, 2004 21:55

Probably not - people have said in the htmlarea thread that htmlarea is pretty much obsolete now. :/

3 Dec 17, 2004 04:57

what has replaced it?

4 Dec 17, 2004 21:13

subnet_rx wrote:

what has replaced it?

Hi actually there isn't any wysiwyg editor include in b2evo installation. Main problem is/was code quality produced by theses tools.

I think that as soon as we have the plug-in system finalised we could integrate easily differents renderers (fckeditor, htmlarea and tinyrte). THe 2 main editors have new versions (beta) that seem to produce valid xhmtl code.

7 May 03, 2005 05:06

Tinymce is a breeze to install and use. You have to dumb down b2evolution and set the renderers to opt-in. You won't need most of them anyway with a WYSIWYG editor. Smilies are included as are the other basic formatting options so you should disable the toolbars as well. They won't work anyway.

I installed FCKeditor but it's still buggy, especially with Firefox. It will get fixed, I know, but you can't use it if it's broke.

Tinymce seems to put out fairly clean code.

Problems:
When I click tabs between blogs, the message in the editor gets lost. Make sure you are in the correct blog before writing a post.
The spellchecker complains about &nbsp, code.
The B2evo Preview button doesn't work but there's a preview button on the editor, like you need one. :-|
No file upload capability within the editor, but that's easy to work around.
The Konqueror browser doesn't like it, but it doesn't like some CSS either.

Just add a couple of lines of code in the <head> area of the /admin/_menutop.php file and the editor replaces the textarea of the form. It was the easiest mod I've ever done.

8 May 09, 2005 02:51

TinyMCE ? is there anywhere I can find screenshot or demo site ? I mean integrate with b2evo one.

Form is loading...