Recent Topics

1 Apr 21, 2006 10:35    

Hi,

A strange thing is happening in my multi domain setup with the 1.8cvs version. All blogs are on a subdomain. Except the linkblog.
When I try to write a link in the backend it doesn't get written.

On a test machine I have 0.9x and 1.6 running and there I can write a new link.
When I ask for a preview before saving b2e shows me the preview. It just doesn't gat written.

Or should I just put the linkblog on a subdoman also?

Thnx,
Michel

2 Apr 21, 2006 11:27

It gets stranger, I just replicated this on my system, but, when I created a 2nd linkblog to see what happened, it worked!

Try this :-
Create another linkblog (the same way as before)
Set it to be the linkblog to use (instead of your current one)
Make some posts into it.

What I can't do is replicate this error on the demo site.

A couple of questions that might help narrow down the problem :-

1/ Is your blog on a windoze or *nix box ?

2/ Have you deleted the default installed blogs ?

3/ What's the blog ID of your (current) linkblog ?

4/ If you have access to the database (phpmyadmin or anything along those lines) - take a look in evo_posts and see if the post_main_cat_ID is corret for the posts which are meant to be in your linkblog.

*blueyed/francois*
1/ Windoze box (yeah, yeah, I know)
2/ Yes, only have blogs 1 & 5 (prior to trying this)
3/ 6 (failed) and 7 (worked)
4/ p_m_c_ID was 17, it should have been 18
¥

3 Apr 21, 2006 12:16

Hi ¥åßßå,

¥åßßå wrote:

It gets stranger, I just replicated this on my system, but, when I created a 2nd linkblog to see what happened, it worked!

Pieuw, so I'm not going mad here :)

Try this :-
Create another linkblog (the same way as before)
Set it to be the linkblog to use (instead of your current one)
Make some posts into it.

Okay I created another blog (not as subdomain) and still can't write to it.

And looking in the database with phpmyadmin I see noting appearing in it.

A couple of questions that might help narrow down the problem :-

1/ Is your blog on a windoze or *nix box ?

*nix box

2/ Have you deleted the default installed blogs ?

All except Blog All (renamed to main) and Linkblog.

3/ What's the blog ID of your (current) linkblog ?

It's 4

4/ If you have access to the database (phpmyadmin or anything along those lines) - take a look in evo_posts and see if the post_main_cat_ID is corret for the posts which are meant to be in your linkblog.

Nothing gets written from linkblog so there's nothing in evo_posts. When writting from another blog (subdomain) it does get written and something appears in evo_posts with the correct ID's.

I will try again by putting a Linkblog in a subdomain and think it will work. Maybe it has something to do with having subdomains or something.

Maybe I'm using to wrong parameters cause after all it's just another blog so if I would be using it as normal blog he wouldn't write aswell.
Even turned of extra path info (sef) to see if that's the reason but even then a new link doesn't get written.

So all blogs using a subdomain work and Blog All but you can't write Blog All.

Pfff, not getting it I'm afraid :D

thnx,
Michel

4 Apr 21, 2006 12:52

Damn, definately wierd 8|

Although my linkblog posts didn't show up (in the skin) they were at least written to the database.

If it still doesn't work (after setting up as a subdomain) try creating more blogs until you get to number 7 ........ not that I expect that to work, but it gives you something to do whilst waiting for the answer :p

¥

5 Apr 21, 2006 13:25

Hi,

Hahahahaha ROFL I'll keep adding until the database colapses :D

When I ad a blog it gets an incremented ID, so the freshly created blog has ID 10, so I'll never get close to 7 :D

Thnx,
Michel

6 Apr 21, 2006 19:13

So, the bug is that you cannot create new items (in most ;) Linkblogs?

Only if they are on a subdomain?

What screen / message(s) do you get after clicking "Save"?

Does it go to the "normal" post-insert page? If so, can you please copy'n'paste the text from there?

Have you looked at the Debuglog (set $debug=1), if you see something strange (apart from the regular strange things ;)?

Are you using current CVS (either through a developer account or the nightly tarball)? Anonymous CVS on SF.net still does not get synced AFAIK.

7 Apr 21, 2006 19:49

Hi Blueyed,

blueyed wrote:

So, the bug is that you cannot create new items (in most ;) Linkblogs?

Only if they are on a subdomain?

Yep

What screen / message(s) do you get after clicking "Save"?

Does it go to the "normal" post-insert page? If so, can you please copy'n'paste the text from there?

Nope, normaly you see "recording post", "sending trackback", sending pingback" and you end up on the browse tab, which happens when I use one of the subdomain blogs.
When posting to the non-subdomained linkblog, even the newly created one, I land in the browse tab with non of the above messages.

Have you looked at the Debuglog (set $debug=1), if you see something strange (apart from the regular strange things ;)?

Where do I set this? And where does the debuglog end up in?

Are you using current CVS (either through a developer account or the nightly tarball)? Anonymous CVS on SF.net still does not get synced AFAIK.

I believe the nightly tarball. I don't use the anonymous cvs.

thnx,
Michel

8 Apr 21, 2006 21:29

Hi,

While playing with cross posting en moving between categories we noticed that we could move a post to the linkblog.
Thinking that now, while there is a post in the link blog, we could maybe post a link over there we tried again.

Only to find out that it still doesn't work.

Then we tried it by not putting anything in the "Link to url:" and then the post got in the database and could be viewed in the frontend of the linkblog.

What is the difference between the types "post" and "link"?
What should we put in "Link to url:"? Is it not to be used for showing links to other sites?

Pretty new to blogging I admit so don't shoot me if I'm giving wrong meanings to the options I see in B2E. :D

Thnx,
Michel

9 May 02, 2006 19:09

I cannot reproduce this with current CVS.

Here's what I've tried:
- I've changed the default Linkblog to an absolute URL (Blog Folder URL)
- I've inserted items as:
- type "Post", without "Link to url"
- type "Post", with "Link to url"
- type "Link", without "Link to url"
- type "Link", with "Link to url"

All triggered the "Recording post..." screen and appeared in the blog.

I don't know where to look at further.. :-/

Form is loading...