Recent Topics

1 Mar 25, 2007 18:28    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Anyone got any code i could steal for building a doubled up right hand, obviously a left would be the same, Im looking at using the nice blog preview and weather local in one then adds for the other.... ?

Thank Guys, Helpful as ever :D

2 Mar 26, 2007 04:13

There are quite a few 3-column skins in the Extend section (tab above)... but here is the link to those:

http://skins.b2evolution.net/index.php?cat=79

Maybe you can find what you want with one of those... they have panels left and right (for your kind of inclusions) of the blog area. Or, just take one you like and start hacking away at it to get the side panels both over on the same side (shouldn't be too hard).

3 Mar 26, 2007 10:24

Already there mate Im using Evo at the moment, anyway il have a bash at writing something myself and see how it goes, could be the first 4 column blog :D

4 Mar 26, 2007 21:43

Here is an idea for you... you could just include a two column panel inside of your existing side panel (adjust the width in your skin's css file to accommodate).

Here is just a rough example for you:

http://samredman.com/test.php

I just included a text file into a php file:

Here is the test.php (simple huh?):

<?php include('include.txt'); ?>

Here is the include.txt:

<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
div.container
{
width:40%;
margin:0px;
border:1px solid gray;
line-height:150%;
}
div.header,div.footer
{
padding:0.5em;
color:white;
background-color:gray;
clear:left;
}
h1.header
{
padding:0;
margin:0;
}
div.left
{
float:left;
width:200px;
margin:0;
padding:1em;
}
div.content
{
margin-left:190px;
border-left:1px solid gray;
padding:1em;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>

<div class="container">
<div class="header"><h1 class="header">Look it's two panels</h1></div>
<div class="left"><p>You could include here php, html, put in text anything.</p></div>
<div class="content">
<h2>Here is your second panel</h2>
<p>This whole thing can be included inside of your existing side panel.</p>
<p>There is no limit what you could put in either side, like your search or calendar, etc.</p></div>
<div class="footer">Free from Sam Redman</div>
</div>

</body>
</html>

Please know that I am not a real programmer... just someone who goofs around, cribbing stuff from others (and learning as I go). Hopefully, one of the true experts can tell you how to really do it.

5 Mar 27, 2007 00:58

Thats sweet man im kinda busy doing fund raising at the moment so that will do until I get a day or two off to try something myself

Form is loading...