Recent Topics

1 Dec 14, 2007 18:50    

Takes a bit of getting to, but I can make every plugin generate the "The plugin code is already in use by another plugin." error message.

Select any plugin and visit the settings page. Select "Save (and review)". Select "Restore defaults". Did you get the error already? "Save (and review)" again then "Restore defaults" again. Each time you click through this notice what it says is the plugin's code. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. (Thought: when the code goes away then comes back is when I see the error, so perhaps it is erroring out because the code of '' is actually in use? Like a plugin with no code?)

Doesn't seem to affect plugin functionality, but that aspect has not been completely explored by me.

v2.2.0

2 Dec 15, 2007 02:15

EdB wrote:

"Save (and review)" again then "Restore defaults" again.

You're weird ...... 'course that doesn't make you wrong, but yer still weird :|

It seems to happen if you edit one of the settings ( couldn't get it to happen without editing ), and it seems to persist.

¥

3 Dec 17, 2007 14:35

Well, that took a tad of finding!

Crack open inc/plugins/_plugins.ctrl.php and change this bit of code ( approx 675 ) and see if it fixes it :

// this returns NULL for code as it's seen as a duplicate plugin
		$default_Plugin = & $admin_Plugins->register($edit_Plugin->classname);

// grab a raw copy of the plugin
		$raw_Plugin = new $edit_Plugin->classname();

// Params for/"from" form:
		$edited_plugin_name = $default_Plugin->name;
		$edited_plugin_shortdesc = $default_Plugin->short_desc;
		$edited_plugin_code = $raw_Plugin->code;

¥

4 Dec 18, 2007 17:15

I'll have to rebuild a fresh installation, but on my upgraded installation I now get the same (minor) error when I save and review or restore defaults.

I will report back when I get a fresh installation running and try this mod on that.

5 Dec 19, 2007 00:43

bugger, hope it works, I already committed it, and the FG's a right grumpy bugger when we screw things up :roll:

¥

Form is loading...