Recent Topics

1 May 04, 2008 17:05    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi
First let me say great software, I hope I can undestand how it all works.

My problem

I have renamed Blog A and am going to use this as the main blog page.

Under display options I have set it "as the default blog to display"

However the "blog all" is pointing to the index.php under the blog url settings

Any ideas?

just to add if go to my url about the www prefix it goes to blog A, but with the www goes to blog all

2 May 04, 2008 17:24

Hi sbonera. Welcome to the forums!

So what version are you using? I think something in the 1.* generation but answers change based on what you got is the thing. Anyway what shows up on your index.php page? Not what does the back office say: what actually shows up when you visit your blog? Because index.php is smart enough to look at your settings and show the blog that you selected as your default blog is why I ask.

Also a link to a page helps so we can actually see what you've got. It take sometimes 5 posts to learn what we could have simply known with one quick peak ;)

4 May 05, 2008 00:31

Technically those are two different URLs. What does your "$baseurl" value in your conf/_basic_config.php file say? The version with or without the www in it? It looks to me like the first link is showing the new posts so I'm guessing that's the one that matches your $baseurl value?

The ability to know all about how www isn't really needed anymore is a server thing. Some can handle it, some can't - and there are ways to tell servers that can't handle it how to figure it all out. What happens inside b2evolution under all different server circumstances is something I have no idea about.

By the way that looks like v242 to me, according to "view source" :)

5 May 05, 2008 01:09

Actually something weird is happening here. Your baseurl appears to be the www version but that is the link that doesn't have the new posts in it. Did you tell it on one of the Blog settings sub-tabs (possibly the URLs subtab ?) a path that does not include the www? I think that would explain why it knows www in the $baseurl field in the file but can't find it properly for the default blog. Meaning you told it the default blog PATH does not have www in it.

Wow I should have a coffee before trying to figure this stuff out :roll:

6 May 05, 2008 11:27

I installed the latest version so that why it came up as 2.4.2 :D

I checked the url settings and I set the Blog base URL to Absolute URL

What are the default settings for the blog base url?

7 May 05, 2008 11:30

Its working now i believe

it is now set to Default blog in index.php

The old version was displaying the url differently

All good
thanks for your help.

Form is loading...