Recent Topics

1 Nov 07, 2008 09:40    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

WP Skin: http://www.eblogtemplates.com/mimbo-magazine-style-wordpress-theme/

http://www.eblogtemplates.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/mimbo-magazine.jpg

I did something similar "in concept" (that is), check -> http://gameshogun.ws/

However, I have to use a separate skin for that. I am not sure if it is possible to use just 1 skin.

For that WP example, all pages look the same, so I guess that's given. However, it's interesting that WP can pull data on a per category basis to show the latest post for each category.

In my blog, instead of 'per category', it is 'per blog'. And that's where I have to use a separate skin. I can't separate the "frontpage" from the rest of the pages.

We only have: pages.main.php, single.main.php, and posts.single.php.

With the WP Magazine style example above, I think it is doable for b2e but we have to use a separate template for the "frontpage". I have no idea how to merged the two together so we only have to use 1 template/skin.

Any ideas? Or maybe, can we have something like "frontpage.main.php" or better yet, a feature wherein we can add our own {custom-file}.main.php (and add tags/labels somewhere in the backoffice to call the appropriate *.main.php).

^_^

(As always, I'm too confusing explaining things :p )

2 Nov 07, 2008 10:39

Hi Laibcoms,

For this you can use the multiblogs.php file from root. That is an example of oneskin with contents from three different blogs. Tweak it a bit (or as much as you like) to get contents from different categories.
Tilqicom made a skin out of this idea with multiple categories each holding posts about software.

Good luck

3 Nov 07, 2008 10:51

You dont have to use seperate skins for each blog, but you can, either use same skin for all of the blogs (that u use each for each cat), or assign a different each.it doesnt matter.

Just create an aggregated blog as 'frontpage', insert columns with containers, and add 'post list widgets' in that containers of each blog.. You can either have titles only for each post of each blog-cat-, or optionally you can display 'post excerpt' too which you can use as a short desc. or teaser of the post.. It could get better if post widget had the ability to display post content -that's what i need too-

4 Nov 08, 2008 05:53

Afwas wrote:

Hi Laibcoms,

For this you can use the multiblogs.php file from root. That is an example of oneskin with contents from three different blogs. Tweak it a bit (or as much as you like) to get contents from different categories.
Tilqicom made a skin out of this idea with multiple categories each holding posts about software.

Good luck

Yep tried that, it's what I am using as my frontpage right now. Though I always end up having the other blogs using the same skin to show the "frontpage".

And I can't seem to get it to work unless I copy the changes from multiblogs.php and put it as the skin's posts.main.php, so I ended up with "skinname-multiblogs". If I just rename to index.php or put the 'frontpage' blog to point to it, I get the "don't access this page directly".

How should the multiblogs.php should be use anyway.. I can't figure it out :p

tilqicom wrote:

You dont have to use seperate skins for each blog, but you can, either use same skin for all of the blogs (that u use each for each cat), or assign a different each.it doesnt matter.

Just create an aggregated blog as 'frontpage', insert columns with containers, and add 'post list widgets' in that containers of each blog.. You can either have titles only for each post of each blog-cat-, or optionally you can display 'post excerpt' too which you can use as a short desc. or teaser of the post.. It could get better if post widget had the ability to display post content -that's what i need too-

Hmm, I'll try that method, I didn't think of that one...

^_^

Form is loading...