Recent Topics

1 Jul 02, 2004 15:29    

Please take a look at the top - menu and short description - in http://www.tenderfeelings.be/madrid/blogs/woorden.php

in ie : everything is fine
in firefox it's a mess...

can anyone point me in the right direction ?
(it's the first time I actually test in firefox)

.message	{
	padding: 0.4em 10px;
	margin: 0px;
	clear: left;
	font-weight: bold;
}
#header	{
	padding: 0px;
	margin: 0px;
}

<div id="header">
   <h1 id="logo">blablabla</h1>
   <div id="searchBox"> blablabla</div>
   <?php require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_bloglist.php' );?>
   <div class="message"> <?php $Blog->disp( 'tagline', 'htmlbody' ) ?></div>
</div>

2 Jul 02, 2004 18:02

Topanga,

Words to live by:
Develop in Firefox, test in IE - not the other way around.

I think it's better as 2 columns, personally. Puts the links where they belong.

3 Jul 02, 2004 18:11

Isaac, I now you prefer 2 coloums ;)

But I need/want 3 columns...
not for this example though.. that's abvious...

What is the point of having a right column that is 3 times the length of the main column ??

In my humble opinion you have to try to make them the same length...
And offcourse.. than you try to put things togiether that need to be together...

4 Jul 02, 2004 18:48

What is the point of having a right column that is 3 times the length of the main column ??

Great question! Is making another side column the best answer, though? How about simply making the sidebar more efficient - shrink the spacing a bit, get rid of some extra styling, reduce the number of things there, etc. All that will make the main column stand out more. And then use the [url=http://www.alistapart.com/articles/fauxcolumns/]Faux Columns[/url] technique to visually tie it all together.

5 Jul 02, 2004 18:54

I think the problem that I have, is that my main page is no longer a blog but a real homepage of a community...

The only reason why there are posts is because it's a community that shares a lot of things...
Every day there are feature haidlines.. and since not everyone is comming every day.. it's neccesary that they have a good look of all the new subjects..

And YES : I do want it too be that 'busy'...
I need to make a translation I think.. that way you can see for yourself what I'm talking about... (and still don't like it ;)

You are absolutely right when stating that in NORMAL conditions you only need two columns...
But for my particular problem.. I think I'll go back to tables ;) Thos are not giving troubles ;)

Form is loading...