Recent Topics

1 Apr 07, 2009 00:52    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

As i have told numerous times i have half-complete skins laying around..Just to give you a couple of hints what i am on top of for a long time..

[u]*WP itheme conversion [/u]- [url=http://www.ndesign-studio.com/demo/wordpress/]demo[/url] one of the most popular skins for wp with sortable sidebar widgets - i might not need to release this one if i can complete the below one before this one..cause the below would be better P:

Progress: %60 - etc: 5-10 days

[u]*Celeb3ration [/u]- sortable widgets with a custom (web 2.0ish possibly) design -not going to use any js this time unlike that itheme it's gonna be fully jquery

Progress: %30 - etc: 1 to 3 weeks

[u]*Post-it skin[/u] - corkboard layout with post-its everywhere, with polaroids, tapes, pins and stuff ... the main aim is to create a note-blog just to take short notes in a stylish way

Progress: %40 - etc: 2 to 4 weeks

[u]*Podcast skin [/u]- a winamp-like interface skin with characteristics of winamp, resizable, movable windows, play pause buttons volume control and everything... (i am a bit cold to this one as people who think of using it will have to make a couple of customizations/replacement with their files for the skin to function properly and get the taste of it- like i assumed each post would be a song, and the hardcoded postlist in sidebar2 would be the 'playlist', the skin will be forced to a single post mode, the dewplayer would be replaced etc. etc..)

Progress: %60 - etc: 3 to 5 weeks

A [u]style switcher skin[/u]... well.. style-switching is not exactly what i have in mind, i couldnt remember what to call it..The idea is changing many aspects of your theme (bg color, bg picture, links color, font size, fixed-fluid design etc.. with a chain effect which i mean you gotta be able to change two or three or more of these at once to your taste - remembered by cookies be best i presume -

Progress: %10 Lol - etc: ???

Other than those i have a few other ideas just for design, -those are quicker- like [u]some fixed width abstract themes[/u], [u]one or two corporate or semi-corporate[/u] designs and [u]a minimalistic fluid theme[/u]..

Progress: 0 P: but these might pop up anytime

I know the ones i created earlier werent the best of all they may be even lame..Almost all of them have their bugs, mistakes whatever you call it..I will revise them all one by one and make them as good as possible giving them their 0.2 releases

Just the b2eviant theme is almost bug-free and fully cross-browser but sticking with the deviantart's look too much, it's been less suitable for common use.

Your ideas are appreciated, like if you liked any of these or would like to see any of these at first place etc..tc...

2 Apr 17, 2009 13:30

tilqicom wrote:

[u]*Post-it skin[/u] - corkboard layout with post-its everywhere, with polaroids, tapes, pins and stuff ... the main aim is to create a note-blog just to take short notes in a stylish way

Progress: %40 - etc: 2 to 4 weeks

Would love to see this one. I have been looking for a style like this for B2 for a while.

Any updates?

3 Apr 17, 2009 14:37

I love sortable sidebar widgets !!!

4 Apr 17, 2009 15:45

yup, both skins are almost complete, they just need a final push..that would be.. today or tomorrow i estimate, as my exams are finally finished as of today {: incurable ie bugs take most of the time together with our newest problem google chrome

5 Apr 18, 2009 16:17

tilqicom wrote:

yup, both skins are almost complete, they just need a final push..that would be.. today or tomorrow i estimate, as my exams are finally finished as of today {: incurable ie bugs take most of the time together with our newest problem google chrome

With IE8, should be less, we just have to wait for almighty MS to force everyone to install IE8.

Try this: http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/

<!--[if lt IE 8]>
<script src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/version/2.0(beta3)/IE8.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<![endif]-->

Might solve the IE problem for all versions pre-IE8.

For Google Chrome... what's the problem? If it works fine in Safari, it should work as well in Chrome, basically just the same - WebKit. Chrome is just a little behind in terms of version.

If there's a Chrome problem not found in it's sister-Webkit browser.... :( that means we have to test it in Chrome too?! bleh :/ that is just sad. I ignore Chrome because I test with Safari, it always have the latest WebKit (and the most standards compliant so far).

6 Apr 18, 2009 17:38

i have cured most of the problems.. i know that google ie7code but that's not a total solution, fixes most of the problems but also causes others, like unclickable links etc..google chrome acts weird sometimes especially when overflow:hidden is used.. i ve also met some different rendering issues with chrome

7 Apr 22, 2009 06:08

tilqicom - great work mate. Great work with the post-it notes skin. The WP itheme one looks great too.

May the CSS gods be with you.

8 Jun 04, 2009 18:14

tilqicom - Nice skin.

Can I ask a question? I was looking at the thumb of the skin and it has different color post its. How do you change the color of each?

Probaly a stupid question. But I havent figured it out.

9 Jun 04, 2009 19:58

Sterling wrote:

tilqicom - Nice skin.

Can I ask a question? I was looking at the thumb of the skin and it has different color post its. How do you change the color of each?

colors are based on categories.You can manipulate the color of the post-its with photoshop, and assing to more categories, i basically created 4 and assigned to the first 4 cats.

By the way, there's an update for the skin fixing some issues but i didnt submit it, i need a image-fit or thumbnail plugin as inserted images wouldnt fit a post it sized 300px's .. anyone ?

10 Jun 06, 2009 18:24

tilqicom wrote:

Sterling wrote:

tilqicom - Nice skin.

colors are based on categories.You can manipulate the color of the post-its with photoshop, and assing to more categories, i basically created 4 and assigned to the first 4 cats.

By the way, there's an update for the skin fixing some issues but i didnt submit it, i need a image-fit or thumbnail plugin as inserted images wouldnt fit a post it sized 300px's .. anyone ?

Could you please share some example css with 4 categories? There are already different color post-its included in the img folder.

11 Jun 07, 2009 03:49

check the [url=http://skindemo.b2evolution.net/2/index.php?tempskin=postlog]demo[/url] and explore it with web developer:

html > body > div #skin_wrapper > div #innerwrapper > div #main > div .content > > div #item_21 .pozt statuspublished catID1

.catID2 {
background: url(img/postit5.png) top left no-repeat;}

.catID2:hover {
background: url(img/postit-hover5.png) top left no-repeat;}

.catID1 {
background: url(img/postit6.png) top left no-repeat;}

.catID1:hover {
background: url(img/postit-hover6.png) top left no-repeat;}

catid's are retrieved from the db.. for example the 5th category you have created in ur blog may be 'dogs', so all the posts in 'dogs' category will be styled with 'catid5'.. so if you'd like to add a brown post-it for say to the dogs category, you gotta insert

.catid5 {
background: url(img/mybrownpostit.png) top left no-repeat;}

into your style.css

Form is loading...