Recent Topics

1 May 27, 2009 22:19    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi

Over the past few days I have been converting a wordpress theme to b2evo to use on my blog. I thought I was just about there but then I clicked on the 'Contact' link which should display the form to allow people to send me an email but the form wasn't there.

I don't have the _msgform.disp.php file in my skin so I assumed that it would fall back to the default one. I do get a page displayed with the title 'Send an email message' but no form displayed. If I switch skins then the form displays fine so it must be something I have missed during the conversion.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be? When someone clicks on the contact link which skin file does it go through - index, page, single or posts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps my blog is at www.leeturner.org

Thanks again.
Lee

2 May 27, 2009 22:49

Have you tries to include the _msgform.disp.php in your new skin's folder? and is this snippet in your index.main.php...

<?php
		// -------------- MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE INCLUDED HERE (Based on $disp) --------------
		skin_include( '$disp$', array(
			) );
		// Note: you can customize any of the sub templates included here by
		// copying the matching php file into your skin directory.
		// ------------------------- END OF MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE ---------------------------
	?>

BTW, It's a very nice skin

3 May 27, 2009 22:56

Hi John

Many thanks for your quick response. Glad you like the skin. If I can get it working I will make it available for people.

I already have that code snippet in my index.main.php file and I have now copied the _msgform.disp.php from the skins folder to the folder of my new skin but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Very confused......

Lee

4 May 27, 2009 23:13

Is message.send.php in your htsvr folder?

5 May 28, 2009 08:19

Yes, I have a message_send.php in my htsvr folder. I can only think that is it something I have missed in the creation of the skin because if I change to something like the glossyblue skin the contact form displays fine.

I'll have to go through each skin and see what is different.

Thanks
Lee

6 May 28, 2009 09:09

For contacting the owner of the blog use

$Blog->contact_link( array(
		'before' => ' &bull; ',
		'after' => '',
		'text' => T_('Contact'),
		'title' => T_('Send a message to the owner of this blog...'),
	) );

only without the arrows ;)

To have a contact link associated with each post use

$Item->msgform_link();

Both of these snippets would be in your *.main.php file :)

7 May 28, 2009 09:44

Thanks Edb and John for your help

I have sorted it out now after comparing my new skin with the glossyblue one. It was all to do with my index.main.php file. It did have the skin_include( '$disp$', array( ) ); call in it but it also had a load of other stuff - pretty much the same as the posts.main.php file to be honest. When I chopped out all the other bits it worked just fine.

I think I am starting to get my head around the skin system a little better now :-) Thanks again for your help.

Lee

Form is loading...