Recent Topics

1 Aug 04, 2009 00:32    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

How do I left or right align an image in a post? It is defaulting to center.

2 Aug 04, 2009 00:49

<div class="left">image link here</div>
<div class="right">image link here</div>

The basic's are in one of your CSS file

.left {
	text-align: left;
}
.center {
	text-align: center;
}
.right {
	text-align: right;
}
.top {
	vertical-align: top;
}
.middle {
	vertical-align: middle;
}
.bottom {
	vertical-align: bottom;
}
.floatleft {
	float: left;
}
.floatright {
	float: right;
}

Moved to appropriate forum.

3 Aug 04, 2009 04:33

So this is something that I'm going to need to hand code??? I can do that, but other people that are going to be posting don't have the knowledge to hand code css.

4 Aug 04, 2009 04:57

The CSS file is already included in your download.
The authors would have to write <div class="left">image link here</div>
I don't know what actual version of B2 your using but if it's a recent version your authors can use the WYSIWYG, instead of HTML, and simply select and click.

You will have to instruct them a bit with either option.

The WYSIWYG editor plugin is available here...
http://manual.b2evolution.net/Plugins/tinymce_plugin

Note: It's included in the latest #3 series as a standard option.

5 Aug 04, 2009 06:13

I downloaded TinyMCE. Reviewed the TinyMCE forum to learn how to upload it - found 11 pages of comments and complaints but nothing that actually explained the proper way to upload it to the plugin folder. If you can be of any assistance, that would be great, even though with all the complaints, I'm unsure that this is going to help.

To answer your questions, I'm using version 2.4.7 of b2evo.

6 Aug 04, 2009 10:12

You simply upload the most recent version of the folder tinymce_plugin to your plugins folder, add it via the plugins section of your Admin and see what you get.

I'm no fan of these WYSIWYG tools, even the new default one in 3.3

Learning a few simple formatting classes is a lot easier

7 Aug 04, 2009 17:17

The directory structure of the TinyMCE download is tinymce_3_2_5 > tinymce which contains folders "examples" and "jscripts" and file "changelog.txt.

I uploaded the folder from the tinymce level. B2 didn't recognize it as a plugin so I changed the file name to tinymce_plugin but it still doesn't recognize it as plugin under the Install plugins area.

I looked at the other plugin folders and they have.php files in them. Should there be a .php file in the tinymce folder?

8 Aug 05, 2009 06:59

I have the plugin installed now. From what I can gather, there is a TinyMCE version specifically for b2evolution. I had gone directly to the TinyMCE website and downloaded their current version. After looking through the b2evo forums, I located another link to sourceforge that took me to the appropriate link. I have the plugin installed now. Problem solved.

Form is loading...