Recent Topics

1 Aug 09, 2009 18:50    

I am installing b2evo for the first time. I am pulling my hair out, because:
a) I am getting a loop situation that states "You must log in"
b) I login (jbm/*******) -real password hidden
c) I get the message Either you have not enabled cookies or this login window has expired.
d) I request a new password
e) I get the email that provides a link to the new password
f) I click on the link and I get the exact same screen with the same message - Either you have not enabled cookies or this login window has expired. (This is NOT a login panel.)

I don't know where to place this post you are reading, and I'm not sure why I seem to be stuck with this login-loop condition. I am running 2.4.7 (new install, my host overlaid the prior 1.9 version).

Surely I'm not the only person experiencing this, but I don't see any similar references anywhere, and I'm not sure this is a b2evolution development issue, so I hesitate to place this question in that forum. Isn't there a place where folks go to just ask 'how to' and 'help' questions? Newbies, who don't know a config error from a feature failure from a finger check?

Thanks for routing me appropriately - and please help me get logged in. I don't believe this is a cache issue, I believe I have cookies enabled, and I don't know how to deal with an expiring login window. Arrgh!

2 Aug 09, 2009 18:59

/conf/_advanced.php find a link that looks like this and change it

$instance_name = 'b2evo'; // must be a single word with no spaces

Replace "b2evo" with something unique.

¥

3 Aug 14, 2009 01:45

It didn't take that long to make the change, and it worked - thank you! A VERY BIG thank you!

I am working with my new blog, and am still at the bottom of the learning curve. But, because I'm creating another blog for someone who plans to do some serious blogging, I need to understand what I'm doing before creating his blog. I don't mind reading the manuals, or asking necessary questions, but I was hoping to find a forum which would be pretty near to my own level of experience. Is there such a place? I'd just like to not be asking questions in the wrong place...

Basically, my own blog is fun and a sand box for me to try things out. I wasn't even able to get started, without your help. Much appreciated.

Form is loading...