Recent Topics

1 Aug 21, 2009 20:48    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello my main site is www.bellydancedreams.co.uk and I have created my blog at www.bellydancedreams.co.uk/blog
Luckily the skin is quite similar to my website, minus the colour theme. So I am working on that.

I have tried replacing the vast_header.jpg with my own logo, but no changes are being made. Furthermore, I altered colours in the CSS file already but again, no changes have been made!

Does any one know why? Is there an easier way for me to go about this then? I know roughly what I'm doing just no changes seem to show despite me uploading my own banner and changing some of the colours.....
:-/

2 Aug 21, 2009 20:54

Your links timeout ... and I'm in uk ;)

¥

3 Aug 21, 2009 21:02

Yeah I just noticed that too now... maybe there is something wrong with my server... I'll speak to them then get back to you :roll: :lol:

5 Aug 21, 2009 21:16

I'm pretty sure I see your header instead of the default, try hard refreshing ( ctrl+f5 ) ;)

¥

6 Aug 21, 2009 21:17

Really? I've been uber refreshing, and it's still coming up with the desert style picture, rather than the one one my website...

7 Aug 21, 2009 21:44

Oh I just found out my version, its 2.4.5

It's still not appearing as my logo, but as the default one, as far as I can see

8 Aug 21, 2009 22:50

I just visited and it's the "eyes" header on both sites.

9 Aug 21, 2009 23:09

Really? Gosh that's really embarrasing that it isn't showing on my computer.
I wonder why!

Well thanks guys!

10 Aug 21, 2009 23:32

Maybe it's a naming issue. Give the "eyes" image a unique name instead of the default vast_header name.
eg: eyes_header.jpg and edit the css to suit.

11 Aug 22, 2009 04:20

I'm seeing the weirdest thing on the eyes picture, which I wouldn't have noticed if it was anywhere else because those are some rather pleasant eyes :)

In-line with the top of the "Belly Dance Dreams" link there is a funny little shift in the image. Kinda like how water makes stuff bend? Which I managed to tweak out by changing one line in your style.css file.

#bannertop {width:912px; background:url(img/vast_header.jpg) top no-repeat; height:46px;}

The change being to drop the height to 46 pixels.

Issue observed in both FF3.5 and IE7.whatever on a 1024 wide monitor.

12 Aug 24, 2009 22:45

Thanks all, I have taken all your advice, and it all seems to be working now =] And my changes now appear instantly instead of when I restart the pc =]

Another question sorry:
- How do I change the width of the main body? My main site is 70% width to the page, Id like my blog to be the same... :roll:
Thanks!

13 Aug 24, 2009 23:04

your css wrote:

#wrap {
background:transparent url(img/vast_body.gif) repeat-y scroll center top;
margin:0 auto 10px;
width:912px;
}

;)

¥

14 Aug 24, 2009 23:42

¥åßßå wrote:

your css wrote:

#wrap {
background:transparent url(img/vast_body.gif) repeat-y scroll center top;
margin:0 auto 10px;
width:912px;
}

;)

¥

lol ma bad, I thought I was getting better at spotting that stuff, but obviously not! >.<

And I changed it but it doesn't change the writing space, just the background... And it looks like the blog posts and side bar would even fit into a 70% width =[ Does everyone keep their blog at 912px as a minimum then?

Form is loading...