Recent Topics

1 Oct 07, 2009 17:48    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1-stable

Hi,
I need help installing a new skin. Stuck at #3 - Connect to the web space where b2evolution is installed via ftp and upload the folder to the skins folder in your b2evolution install.

I would really appreciate some help!
Thanks

2 Oct 07, 2009 18:06

How do you normally upload files to your web ?

¥

3 Oct 07, 2009 18:13

I use filezilla for web sites, but since this is a blog format I am confused how to proceed.

4 Oct 07, 2009 18:20

ok, I assume you've either downloaded one of the skins from the skins site (and extracted the zip), or created your own.

using filezilla, upload your new skins folder on your pc to your server into the subfolder called "skins" wherever your blog lives ( ie/ /public_html/skins/ or /public_html/blogs/skins/ ... where public html is the folder where your domain lives on the web )

After that you need to wander over to admin > global settings > skins > *click "install new skin* > click your new skin > and then meander to admin > blog settings > [your blog] > skins > click your new skin

¥

5 Oct 07, 2009 18:46

Thanks. Yes I have downloaded and unzipped one of the skins.

The instructions you provide are what I read on the b2e site. The problem is I don't know how to upload a FOLDER (just separate files) and I don't know how to create a new skin folder in b2e. Can you help with these 2 issues?

6 Oct 07, 2009 19:04

Urm, ohh, err, I don't tend to use ftp a lot but you *should* be able to drag the folder from your pc side of the window to the server side of the window in filezilla

¥

7 Oct 07, 2009 19:30

How would you do it if you were installing a skin?

I did that and now I am getting the message that the skin does not have any containers....

8 Oct 07, 2009 19:38

Well, I'd normally grab the zip via wget, then unzip it in a temp directory and then mv [skin_folder] ~/public_html/skins/ -r

"no containers" normally means you have a folder path similar to "/public_html/skins/[skin name]/[skin name]/" move all your [skins name]/[skins name] files up a directory ... or there are no containers in the skin ;)

¥

9 Oct 07, 2009 20:47

Thanks again. I will see what I can do. I appreciate your help! May take me awhile to go through and fix my files.

10 Oct 07, 2009 20:50

If there are no containers in the skin; how do I fix that?

11 Oct 07, 2009 22:28

Did you verify that the skin is actually uploaded to the correct path? That is to say /skins/yourskin/ instead of /skins/yourskin/yourskin/? Sometimes unzipping a skin causes the extra folder thing to happen. Dunno if that is the zip itself or the unzip method.

Anyway another possible cause is a very old skin (1.* generation). It will seem like it is correct except it won't have any containers and b2evo will tell you that.

Form is loading...