Recent Topics

1 Apr 21, 2010 15:51    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3

Guys,

Yesterday, with forum-help, I created a custom "About me" page.

Today, I'd like to create a home page which includes the following:

1) "latest news" - i can create this part manually I guess
2) "latest pictures" - i want a picture roll which takes images from my Gallery2 installation - no idea how to do this
3) "latest blogs" - i want just the titles from my latest blogs - again no idea...

As always, pointers will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

2 Apr 23, 2010 01:05

hi GSOnline

For you to add a page just do the same thing what you did with "About me" page.

go to Admin > Post / Comments > Choose your blog > Pages > Add new

For Gallery2 you might wanna check this URL http://manual.b2evolution.net/Plugins/gallery2_plugin

What do you mean "latest blogs"? latest post? because that's easy

3 Apr 23, 2010 12:29

Thanks for that.

Indeed, I shall be basing it on the approach used for the About Me page. I'll check out the G2 link you provided too (thanks).

To answer your question, "yes" I do want to have a list of latest posts. Any tips on doing that would be appreciated.

GSO

4 Apr 23, 2010 12:53

oh the list of your latest post in in your widget. Go to blog settings > widget > maybe you can try add new widget in sidebar

5 Apr 23, 2010 15:48

Search the forum for is_default_page term, if you want a standalone homepage.

1. There's also a "Latest posts" plugin out there, if you don't like the default widget ;)
3. Check the summary.php or use "Bloglist widget"

6 Apr 23, 2010 20:14

Thanks guys... thing is, I want a section in the body of the page which shows the latest posts line by line... not to add a widget to the sidebar, etc. I just want some code e.g an include that would update itself whenever there is a new post...

7 Apr 23, 2010 21:28

GSOnline wrote:

Thanks guys... thing is, I want a section in the body of the page which shows the latest posts line by line... not to add a widget to the sidebar, etc. I just want some code e.g an include that would update itself whenever there is a new post...

why dont you like a widget ? a post list widget does exactly what you wanna do easily

8 Apr 24, 2010 10:49

yes but i want to include it as a section in the body!

9 Apr 24, 2010 14:24

GSOnline wrote:

yes but i want to include it as a section in the body!

so, just insert a "widget container" in your index.main.php, and insert the widget there.

10 Apr 25, 2010 07:40

can you tell us how tilqicom? is there a url or link in the forum on how to put the latest post in to the body of the blog?

thanks

11 Apr 25, 2010 16:13

aall you have to do is open up your skins's index.main.php and put the container where you would like it to appear, by inserting the below:

<?php
		// ------------------------- "Homepage" CONTAINER EMBEDDED HERE --------------------------
		// Display container contents:
		skin_container( NT_('Home_Page'), array(
				// The following (optional) params will be used as defaults for widgets included in this container:
				// This will enclose each widget in a block:
				'block_start' => '<div class="h_page $wi_class$">',
				'block_end' => '</div>',
				// This will enclose the title of each widget:
				'block_title_start' => '<h3>',
				'block_title_end' => '</h3>',
				// If a widget displays a list, this will enclose that list:
				'list_start' => '<ul>',
				'list_end' => '</ul>',
				// This will enclose each item in a list:
				'item_start' => '<li>',
				'item_end' => '</li>',
				// This will enclose sub-lists in a list:
				'group_start' => '<ul>',
				'group_end' => '</ul>',

) );
		// ----------------------------- END OF "Homepage" CONTAINER -----------------------------
	?>

this will display anew container in your blog ->widgets screen named Home_Page, insert whatever widgets you'd like to display there

Form is loading...