Recent Topics

1 May 13, 2010 09:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have categories associated one with another.. For instance, Albert Einstein is associated with German, and Scientist categories..

Now, each time i select Einstein, i gotta select German and scientist checkboxes too.. Is there anyway when i select Einstein category checkbox, the German and scientist categories will be selected -checked- automatically too?

Is this doable ? I couldnt google my way out on this, any pointers will be appreciated

2 May 13, 2010 13:48

Okay i was trying to get my head around this; i guess it could be done with a plugin..

Values:
Einsten = catID5 German = catID30 Scientist=catid45

Step 1:

List All categories

Step 2:

Choose one category to associate with others. catid5 per say.

Step 3:

Connect that catid5 with the other two catid30 and catid45

Step 4: save this relation to a table in the db.

Step 5: On each category click check if there are related categories and if there are select them too.

i will try to do sth around this, but i definitely need help, esp. with the plugin part. so again; any pointers will really help

3 May 13, 2010 18:05

Are you sure you'll actually save time doing this? It seems easier to check 2 extra boxes :-/

4 May 13, 2010 21:34

well, yeah, the idea seems like a pretty hard task, at least with my capabilities..But it is not just for me, i want users to contribute quotes to my quote db, and i dont want to make it hard for them, i mean i want to make it as easy as possible for them

5 May 14, 2010 19:08

You could cut out the whole js "tick/untick" stuff by interpreting category foo as ++ associated categories before you save/update the item ( BeforeItemUpdate/Create() or summat ).

That way they just need to tick "Einstein" and you interpret on the server ... gotta love degradation eh? ;)

¥

Form is loading...