Recent Topics

1 Dec 29, 2010 14:49    

My b2evolution Version:

Using 4.0.3 with a slightly modified "GoodLivingBlogTheme" skin.

I would like to stop avatars from showing in the comments of my blog posts. I've gone through all the files I can think of, but I can't find where the code controlling this is. Can someone please tell me?

Thanks heaps :D

2 Dec 30, 2010 14:33

Does anyone have any ideas?

3 Dec 30, 2010 20:15

Not sure if there is a setting for this but you can remove avatars by editing file /skins/_item_comment.inc.php.

Find:

$Comment->avatar();

And replace with:

//$Comment->avatar();

4 Dec 31, 2010 00:30

Thank you so much! I spent hours looking for this code and couldn't find it, thanks :)

5 Dec 31, 2010 02:33

lionfish wrote:

Thank you so much! I spent hours looking for this code and couldn't find it, thanks :)

Next time when you cant find sth in your skin folder, check for the common /skins folder.b2 checks if the required skin file exists in your skin folder, if not it reads it from the parent common skins folder.For example for a b2 skin to function, only a single index.main.php file (and a css file ofc) is enough, it would read the rest from there.

6 Dec 31, 2010 10:28

The avatars are of course still visible in the admin panel.

There really should be an option to disable avatars.

7 Dec 31, 2010 12:35

Hypocrite wrote:

The avatars are of course still visible in the admin panel.

avatars used to be better of as a plugin. like couple more things that are bundled with the 3.x and above which was the main reason behind the unrest that caused some dev's to quit.

8 Dec 31, 2010 20:03

There is an option to disable avatars. Users > User settings > Avatars

10 Jan 02, 2011 19:34

It's another bug actually. To fix it edit /inc/comments/model/_comment.class.php:367

function get_avatar( $size = 'crop-64x64', $class = 'bCommentAvatar', $params = array() )
{
	global $Settings, $Plugins, $default_avatar;

if( ! $Settings->get('allow_avatars') ) return;

Fixed in CVS

Form is loading...