Recent Topics

1 Oct 09, 2011 21:51    

This plugin is compatible with b2evolution 4 and AJAX forms

http://www.google.com/recaptcha
reCAPTCHA is a free CAPTCHA service that protects your site against spam, malicious registrations and other forms of attacks where computers try to disguise themselves as a human; a CAPTCHA is a Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Human Apart.

Download v2.0: http://www.sonorth.com/travel/download/SDO493G7MA

v2.0
- Complete code rewrite
- Compatible with b2evo v4 and v5 with AJAX forms
- Added login form protection
- bugfixes

2 Oct 10, 2011 00:58

reCaptcha will be automatically disabled on forms that load with AJAX. It will still work on registration and login forms.

There's currently no way to load reCaptca fieldset into AJAX form.

3 freebetsuk Dec 04, 2011 19:19

freebetsuk

Yes i use the captcha,and it is very good!

4 Feb 02, 2012 02:24

Hi - I've loaded the reCapthcha 2.0 as suggested by samk2b and have used it for a week. It works beautifully in the log-in form and in comments.

Also, I noticed that other blog platforms are mentioned on the reCapthca Google site, but b2evo isn't.
http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/intro.html

Thanks.

5 Feb 08, 2012 21:52

I promise you, you want to keep spammers away! :) Without it, the spam becomes a nightmare.

6 Mar 17, 2012 08:12

Hi,

Are there any known issues with recaptcha and B2evolution 4.1.3? After upgrading this no longer works (is not shown under comments for example) for me. I have used recaptcha 2.0 and installed the plugin. I tried reloading containers and deleted and re-uploaded the plugin and installed again. Nothing seems to work so far. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

7 Mar 17, 2012 11:43

Is there anything else I've missed, other than uploading the plugin files and then installing the plugin in the dashboard? I'm getting more than 100 spam comments per day at the moment :(

9 Mar 17, 2012 13:56

Thanks Sam, yes I saw that post but I don't think I do. The recaptcha worked using the previous version of B2evolution that I used but not now with the upgrade to 4.1.3. I deleted the recaptcha keys and generated new ones at recaptcha.net but to no avail.

10 Mar 18, 2012 01:39

Again, reCaptcha will not work with AJAX forms. If you need recaptcha - disable AJAX forms on Blog settings > Advanced page.

11 Mar 18, 2012 08:31

Thanks Sam. That works now. I misunderstood the meaning of Ajax forms. Or more precisely I did not realise that using Ajax was on by default. I unchecked use Ajax forms in the advanced settings. Bit early to tell really but it looks like this method reduces my bot spam by around 95%, excellent thanks a lot :D . I wonder how some bypass this method. Are they somehow accessing files directly?

12 Mar 18, 2012 20:32

Are you saying that reCaptcha reduced spam by 95% ?
With recaptcha enabled you should only get human-submitted spam.

13 Mar 22, 2012 17:27

yes most is blocked but perhaps every other day I get several through. I guess they might not be bot generated but they take the same format. That is, psuedo-random text, non-English characters and key-words embedded within the text. It's not the end of the world for me, it's much more manageable than before (so thanks again) I can manually delete these few, although it's not clear how they might get through.

14 Apr 21, 2012 15:10

I just added this to 4.0.5 and it works like a charm!!! Creating the Gotcha Keys at Google was nothing more than a click. Beautiful.

15 Jul 18, 2012 00:48

I'm trying to turn the Ajax off but everytime I save it turns back on. How can I get this to stay off?

16 Jul 19, 2012 01:35

Are you using the latest v4.1.4 ?

17 Oct 16, 2012 05:17

Installed it and got the recpatcha keys, but I can't get it to show up on my comment or email message forms. Do I need to insert some code, or something?

18 Oct 16, 2012 05:47

Comments have now stopped working altogether, even after disabling the reCaptcha plugin. Says:

Parameter «comment_post_ID» is required!

Well. I guess that's one way to get rid of spam.

19 Nov 20, 2012 19:51

Do I need to insert a value for Tab Index? I've no idea what to do and I'm being flooded with trackback spam.

Are there any new antispam plugins?

20 Nov 23, 2012 05:30

I have installed this plugin on my new 4.1.5 installation with brand new keys and activated account at recaptcha.net.

Nothing to see her of the plugin. With or without AJAX comment forms. And will this works for trackbacks too like the old and not now working captcha plugin of blueyed?

And why needs this reply to be moderated? And what is the meaning of the "Community" banner in the right upper corner of my post?

21 Nov 23, 2012 06:00

There is no possibility to make AJAX free forms! Every time I deactivate this and save it, it will be reactivated! And this is the newest version of b2evolution - great evolution ;)

How can I disable the AJAX thing?

Ok - I have now deactivated. It's neccessary to deactivate the rendering too.

22 Nov 23, 2012 06:04

Ok, now there will be a reCaptcha for comments. But not for Trackback links ... :(

23 Nov 23, 2012 21:02

I personally have disabled trackback on all my sites years ago. It is a perfect protocol for spammers! The whole goal of trackback is to allow robots to very easily mass post to your site!

Are you still getting legitimate trackbacks in 2012? Or is it all just spam anyways?

How can I disable the AJAX thing?

If caching is enabled, you pages are cached for 10-20 minutes. So you just have to wait or clear your cache. or disable caching as you probably did.

regarding banners: http://forums.b2evolution.net/community-banners

24 Nov 24, 2012 05:05

Ok,
yes, now it works with blueyed Captcha Plugin. As you said, you need to disable not only AJAX, you need to deactivate rendering too. This is not so good solved in the GUI because you can't see the neccessary of deactivation of rendering to deactivate the AJAX form. That's pitty.

And yes, I'm using trackbacks in 2012. And I'm wondering every new update, because Ping/Trackback with Wordpress will not work.

25 Nov 24, 2012 05:05

Is now every Post/Reply in this new forum moderated? It seems so.

And I don't get any notification about new Replies of my Post although it is activated in the settings of my profile.

26 Nov 24, 2012 18:53

You have to click on "Notify me by email when someone posts a reply here." at the bottom of this post.

28 Feb 09, 2013 19:34

Hi, I successfully installed the reCaptcha plugin and it works like a charm for comments and the contact page. However, it is not displayed at the registration form. If I try to register, the following error is thrown: You provided an incorrect response to reCAPTCHA, please try again. So there is a check, but the user has no chance to enter a captcha.

the url to my site: http://freiundquer.de

Hope you guys can help me! :)

29 Jan 28, 2014 21:40

Tried to install this again and came up with the same problem-- it simply isn't showing up in comment or email pages. Do I need to do something to enable this beyond what's written in the readme file?

I'm using v. 4.1.6.

Thanks

Form is loading...