Recent Topics

1 Jul 06, 2012 21:55    

My b2evolution Version: 3.x

b2evolution 3.3.1
www.conservativerefocus.com

I have searched the forum and the manual for an answer to this question--hope someone here can help.

I need to MASS delete posts from one of the blogs on my site. Is there an easier way to do it than the one-by-one method I have been using? (I'm talking about two years of blog posts).

This is a more serious problem than it sounds like--it's slowing down our site (duh), but it's also causing problems with our server.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Jul 07, 2012 00:23

i think mass delete is not available via interface.Maybe you could delete directly via sql.

Btw, more posts should not slow down your server.Dont know how much you have but i have over 2k posts.

3 Jul 08, 2012 04:29

Deleting stuff directly via SQL is a bad idea, the whole system may be damaged. Posts, files and comments are all linked together. It's not a problem to write a simple script.

Let me know if you still want to delete those posts.

@tilqicom
Do you think there should be a checkbox on deleting categories and blogs to "Also delete all posts from this blog (category)" with some NOTICEABLE WARNING MESSAGE?

4 Jul 10, 2012 08:52

sam2kb wrote:

Deleting stuff directly via SQL is a bad idea, the whole system may be damaged. Posts, files and comments are all linked together. It's not a problem to write a simple script.

Let me know if you still want to delete those posts.

@tilqicom
Do you think there should be a checkbox on deleting categories and blogs to "Also delete all posts from this blog (category)" with some NOTICEABLE WARNING MESSAGE?

sure, i think that would help a lot

Form is loading...