Recent Topics

1 Dec 29, 2004 05:20    

I looked all over for answer and can't find one.

I'm using the Platinum skin. On each blog, I've unchecked the "allow skin switching" block. And yet, each blog still has the "choose skin" option available.

Any ideas? I want to add something to the Platinum skin, and I don't want to have to add it to all the skins for people to see it.

2 Dec 29, 2004 06:04

Snag the custom skin from the latest version and check out how they wrap the skin switching in a little bit of logic.

Wait a minute I think I got one handy... okay here it is.

<?php if( ! $Blog->get('force_skin') )
	{	// Skin switching is allowed for this blog: ?>
		<div class="bSideItem">
			<h3><?php echo T_('Choose skin') ?></h3>
			<ul>
				<?php // ------------------------------- START OF SKIN LIST -------------------------------
				for( skin_list_start(); skin_list_next(); ) { ?>
					<li><a href="<?php skin_change_url() ?>"><?php skin_list_iteminfo( 'name', 'htmlbody' ) ?></a></li>
				<?php } // ------------------------------ END OF SKIN LIST ------------------------------ ?>
			</ul>
		</div>
	<?php } ?>

3 Dec 31, 2004 05:22

wpc_human_condition does this to and your fix here was a great help. cheers.

4 Jan 01, 2005 00:34

EdB:

Thank you so much for your help. I still think one of the coolest things about the Internet is other people's willingness to go all out to help someone else.

Thanks again.

5 Jan 01, 2005 09:33

Another question on the topic: what would happen if I just removed the other skins entirely from my installation, and messed around tithe template to remove the whole skins changer thing?

Thanks for any help.

Happy new year.

6 Jan 02, 2005 08:43

I think I got what I wanted -- the right skins, and even AdSense looks okay.

Could some nice person look at www.timsblog.com and tell me if they think I did okay on the setup? It's mostly just a test thing to see the types of things I could get away with.

7 Jan 03, 2005 00:13

Your descrition starts in the middle and then wraps around to the left...

Form is loading...