Recent Topics

1 Jan 02, 2005 09:50    

Hello all. I'm using my blog as a news system on my website. My page is laid out in tables, and I'm using a PHP include in one of the cells so that my blog will appear within it. I've adjusted my blog template so that my website's CSS dominates my blogs CSS (ie, I took out the body/link sections of the blog's CSS so that my website's CSS controls those aspects).

Everything was working fine until suddenly my website links started acting strange. Instead of leading to www.mysite.net/bio.php, they started to lead www.mysite.net/newsblog/skins/custom/bio.html. I've check my links; they all lead to their own folders. I even redesigned the page slightly so that the navigation bar is at a separate address that shows up in the layout via another PHP layout. Also (and I'm not sure if this is important), but I'm using a template for my site, made with Dreamweaver.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have no clue as to what is even causing this problem--whether it's a problem with a code in my blog's template or if it's caused by one of my files. Any help at all would be fantastic, because I'm desperate and confused.

Thanks in advance.
~Sarah

Edited to add: If the above description is confusing, you can see my site at http://www.sarahwheeler.net/Sarah.php[/url]

2 Jan 02, 2005 13:58

This is because b2evolution is setting the base url for skins to work. This is also where the links for the permalinks and comments are generated, so they're kinda needed.

To get over this, you simply need to use absolute urls for your links.

3 Jan 03, 2005 01:40

*gives you a giant bear hug*

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! You are a god.

*erects shrine*

~Sarah

Form is loading...