Recent Topics

1 Feb 02, 2005 01:31    

I downloaded the MT Dot Org template and installed it but when I visit my blog now, it gives me a error about something on line 1.

can anyone help me please?

2 Feb 02, 2005 01:37

Yeah sure. This one's easy. There was something funny about how it was zipped and gets unzipped and then seen by a server with that skin. Not the funny that makes milk come out of your nose - the kind that makes your blog crap out and you go 'huh?'

So here's a neat way to fix it, and you'll probably want to do it for each file in the skin. Open the files on your computer in your favorite editor. For each file select the whole thing, copy it, and paste it right back over itself, then save the file. Now upload the whole skin to your server again. Probably it'll work!

If you want to you can see the issue by first downloading the server copy of the files to your PC and opening them in an editor. Expect to see the file without line breaks - like everything is jammed up on the top line.

3 Feb 02, 2005 01:49

that did not work :(

4 Feb 02, 2005 02:06

i downloaded the zip, opened some files, and all looks OK to me.

are you doing edits? dont edit with MS word whatever you do.. i use wordpad to edit, and Im very careful. Even plain old notepad can sometimes cause problems..
I also use the text editor inside flashfxp .. it allows me to edit a file on the server, and reupload it, without opening up any other apps

redownload the zip, and upload the original files

5 Feb 02, 2005 02:13

didnt edit a single file. redownloaded it and uploaded it and still the samething.

6 Feb 02, 2005 02:45

It's not a matter of how the files look. It's a function of how they look after you upload them and attempt to run them. I had the exact same problem when I first tried to use that skin.

Opening the originals won't show anything! Downloading and uploading the server versions won't fix it! Open the originals. Download and open the server version. Are they different? Of course they are! It's a known issue with the way that skin was zipped and how you unzip it and how your server feels about the whole thing. The server versions are JUNK and the originals will become junk as soon as you upload them. Now copy the originals and paste them on top of themselves no matter how fruitless that sounds, then upload the 'new' originals.

This is not a new problem. http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=2272 identifies the issue with both skins created by dkitty.

7 Feb 02, 2005 02:55

thanxs, finally got it.

Form is loading...