Recent Topics

1 Mar 10, 2005 05:58    

Yeahhh, I don't actually know if I'm allowed to do something like this, but I couldn't stand the blue.

Anyhow, I recolored Kubric to be pink (favorite color, go figure). And I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where the CSS thingy for the search button is. As a result, the "submit" on my search button is blue, while everything else is pink. >_< Any ideas on where I should look?

http://www.carnivalesque.net <-- pinkified Kubrick

Thanks! ^^V
(the V is a peace sign, for the uncreative ones)

2 Mar 10, 2005 08:06

take a look at

#bSideBar input.submit, #bSideBar input.reset 
{
    background-color: rgb(240, 240, 240); 
    color: rgb(0, 102, 204);    <---------- // blue
    border-top-width: 1px;
    border-right-width: 1px;
    border-bottom-width: 1px;
    border-left-width: 1px;
    border-top-style: solid;
    border-right-style: solid;
    border-bottom-style: solid;
    border-left-style: solid;
    border-top-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
    border-right-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
    border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
    border-left-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
    font-weight: bold;
    padding-top: 1px;
    padding-right-value: 1px;
    padding-bottom: 1px;
    padding-left-value: 1px;
    padding-left-ltr-source: physical;
    padding-left-rtl-source: physical;
    padding-right-ltr-source: physical;
    padding-right-rtl-source: physical;
}

that should be your blue.

btw, i like it pink :)

3 Mar 10, 2005 09:33

It worked! Thank you so much!
Now I don't have that ugly blue button. :D

If you/anyone want/s the pink version, I can take out all my includes and stuff and zip it up for ya~[/i]

4 Mar 10, 2005 13:18

You could zip it up and upload it to the [url=http://skins.b2evolution.net]skins site[/url]. I'm hoping to have a Kubrick variant category of their own, so if anyone is running a variant of the Kubrick2evo skin and is willing to donate it, please let me know via pm, or just upload it.

5 Mar 10, 2005 14:37

Cool. I made a version with a sidebar on the single post pages. I'll zoot it up to ya. What kind of naming convention would you like? Like for example I called Kubrick2evo that because it's what it is. I briefly called the version with the sidebar on singles "notKubrick2evo" cuz it's not really Kubrickish when it does that.

6 Mar 10, 2005 15:02

Call it whatever you want - as long as it's not obscene etc etc.

7 Mar 10, 2005 16:13

Before I go about uploading, I was checking the "valid" bits (xhtml, css, atom, rss) and...
The code I got from Graham to fix the stupid submit button - a lot of it (like the physical-somethingoranother) isn't liked by the validator. >_<

...if someone who has a clue has time to take a quick look at it and tell me what's wrong, please do. :D

8 Mar 10, 2005 16:44

Your first two CSS errors seem easy. For "padding-right-value" and "padding-left-value" get rid of the -value part. The next four are probably easy too, but I don't know what the ones with 'physical' are supposed to do. Anyway just delete them and see what you end up with.

Your xhtml error is due to having an a inside a textarea. You can fix that one, or at least I think you can fix it, by replacing all your <s with "&lt;" and your >s with "&gt;".

I think anyway - I didn't actually test it.

9 Mar 10, 2005 19:24

It worked! :D

Thanks a bunch, this is probably the first layout of mine (besides the default ones) that validates. X_x Then again, I didn't write most of it, I just recolored it.

I'll zip things up tonight and submit the pinkifiedKubrick2evo (that's long!)

Thanks for all the help. :D

11 Mar 10, 2005 20:55

addedd orange to mine, but just the header picture, soon to add a picture of my face transposed on it

12 Mar 11, 2005 16:13

Uploading in 10... 9... 8.... 7...

boom. :P

Form is loading...