Recent Topics

1 Mar 19, 2005 18:04    

I'm new to b2evolution but I'm really impressed so far. I have been using a basic .html file (designed in photoshop/imageready and exported to .html) but I'd like to incorporate the .php engine into my page design.

If someone could give me some pointers on how to get started I'd appreciate it. I have the page design (in .html, .psd & .jpg formats) but I dont know how to blend that into the 'skin' of b2evo.

Thanks in advance...

2 Mar 19, 2005 18:17

The best you can do is the work upsite down.
Start with a b2evo skin that is more or less the layout like you want (1 column, 2 columns, left of right, full page width, only the middle,...)
So look for a layout, not for the colors.

Take that skin and start playing with the css files.
You can put all your colours in it, change the header, the background,...

By doing it that way, at least you know that all the php-code and other stuff is intact, and that you have not forgotten anything.

3 Mar 19, 2005 18:33

here is a link to the basic (i mean very basic) layout that I want to work with. The two squares on the bottom left will be filled with pictures I want to link to 'About' categories for each person... What i'm trying to build is a basic 'about us' page for myself and my fiance and our day to day. I'm tired of family calling and asking about our plans all the time. Let them check out the site and let me alone! :)

I will open the .css and see what I can change on my own. I just wonder if you can give me any tips on this layout to make things easier.

http://www.christeredwards.com/test/template1.html

4 Mar 19, 2005 18:54

OK,
the best thing you can use is the custom skin, this is already 'blueish' so you will have to change less.

Use stubfiles, and use the custom skin
swap the left margin (if you want to)
and change the css

Form is loading...