Recent Topics

1 May 11, 2005 11:47    

Hi i am new here and just want to say b2evolution rocks!

I am trying to stream audio to a post by trying to embed the below code but b2e wont let me. Is this possible or is there a way around it as i am trying to setup a streaming audio feed blog?

Cheers

G

<P align="center"> <strong><font color="#0000FF" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Weymouth College Web Radio</font></strong></P>
<P align="center"><strong><font color="#FF0000">Dance Anthems</font></strong></P>
<P align="center">
<OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"
CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,5,715"
width="150" height="53" standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."
type="application/x-oleobject">
<PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="http://172.21.50.52:10000/\"/" valuetype="ref" ref>
<PARAM NAME="TransparentAtStart" Value="true">
<PARAM NAME="AutoStart" Value="false">
<PARAM NAME="AnimationatStart" Value="false">
<PARAM NAME="ShowStatusBar" Value="true">
<PARAM NAME="ShowControls" Value="true">
<PARAM NAME="autoSize" Value="false">
<PARAM NAME="displaySize" Value="false">
<PARAM NAME="ShowAudioControls" Value="true">
<PARAM NAME="ShowPositionControls" Value="false">
<Embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"
src=""http://172.21.50.52:10000/\"/" valuetype="ref" ref" Name="MediaPlayer"
width="150" height="53" transparentAtStart="1" autostart="0"
animationAtStart="0" ShowControls="true" ShowAudioControls="1"
ShowPositionControls="0" autoSize="0" ShowStatusBar="1" displaySize="false">
</embed></OBJECT>

2 May 11, 2005 13:28

Either use valid xhtml (recommended) or turn off the html checker (not recommended - this can open up all kinds of security holes).

3 May 11, 2005 14:12

Would anyone know the correct xhtml for this i don’t know enough about xhtml do be able to do that.

Or how do i turn of html checking temporary so i can check the media streaming.

Cheers

G

4 May 11, 2005 16:16

Gremlin,

You can turn OFF the HTML-checker in the /conf/_formatting.php file. Just change the line HTML-checker from a 1 to a 0 (ON to OFF).

Go back and SAVE your post with the embedded audio code. Should go without a hitch.

Then go back to /conf/_formatting.php and switch the HTML-checker back on.

Boom. Done.

-stk :D

5 May 11, 2005 17:18

Or you could ask Stk for the plugin he has ;)

¥

6 May 11, 2005 17:24

Thanks for your help i will give this a go.

If anyone has a stream media plugin i would be very interested.

Cheers

G.

7 May 11, 2005 17:31

Doh! I cant find the html-checker option to change it just goes on to

8 May 11, 2005 17:33

Don't quote me on this, but I think (but I'm blonde and we're not renowned for being bright sparks :|) that it's in conf/_advanced.php (there's a section about html checking and security)

¥

*edit* thank god for the blonde clause :p

look for this section in conf/_formatting.php

/*
* Validity & Security Checking
* Posts and comments should be checked to see if they contain valid XHTML code
* and no invalid code (javascript, styles, CSS, etc...)
*/
# Html checking will validate posts and comments to a subset of valid XHTML.
# This will also do much cleaner security checking than the next option.
# Note: This option requires the PHP XML module. If your PHP installation doesn't have it
# disable html_checker and use security_checker.
$use_html_checker = 1;
# Security checking will check for illegal javascript hacks in posts/comments
# and for CSS in comments. However, this may be a bit harsh on your posts :]
$use_security_checker = 0;
# WARNING: disabling both $use_html_checker and $use_security_checker is suicidal !

9 May 11, 2005 17:39

Found it! Right in front of my eye and i spent ages looking i think im the one having a blond day. Thanx.

10 May 11, 2005 18:13

Gremlin,

Glad you got it sorted. :D

BTW - The plugin thing that ¥ is referring to is something that HE wrote (but, shhh, don't tell him that I don't use it - because I was able to make ALL of my media code - SWF audio and video - valid XHTML-strict). So, from my end ... it's still unused & untested (tho I appreciate how it works, that he made it for me & what a bright guy he is).

Your audio is much different (streaming x-oleobject pointing to a site) than mine (SWF file passed as a parameter), which is why I couldn't offer up an XHTML-valid response.

However, I could probably hack through an XHTML-solution, but it would take some time.

¥'s plugin, if you're interested, basically allows you to make your own tags, like <audio>filename</audio> ... which (once you add the <audio> tag to the _formatting.php file ... passes through the HTML checker much easier. Then ... when the page is called by a visitor, the plugin converts the <audio>filename</audio> to whatever code you want (all the code you posted above) ... and slips it into the HTML file, much like a smilie. (It's a fancy way of adding code that the html-checker doesn't like and bypassing all the html-checking errors).

But ... since he's the smart one and wrote the thing, you ought to ask 'blondie' all about it! ;)

-stk

Form is loading...