Recent Topics

1 Oct 04, 2005 23:14    

On the right sidebar of my blog (http://carnifexpress.net/index.php), I have the categories form. On the left hand side, there is about a 20px buffer that I, for some reason, cannot get rid of. I have changed the padding and margin values to 0 (even to negatives!) and that has not worked. I have tried changing the properites of the li's on my stylesheet and it doesnt bump them over far enough. Aligning the form to the left doesnt work.

I am really pulling my hair out here. What am I missing?

my css for the affected area:

#categories                              {margin:0px;
                                                   padding:0px;
                                                   text-align:left}    

#categories li                             {padding:0px;
                                                   text-align:left}    

.sideinfo                {margin-left:10px;
                               margin-right:10px;
                               font-size:11px;}

<div class="sideinfo">

<!-- ========== START OF CATEGORIES ========== -->

<form id="categories" action="<?php bloginfo('blogurl', 'raw') ?>" method="get">
<?php include( dirname(__FILE__)."/_categories.php"); ?>
<br />
<center><input type="submit" value="Get selection" /></center>
</form>

<!-- ========== END OF CATEGORIES ========== -->
</div>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Oct 04, 2005 23:30

By setting the sideinfo left margin to -25px it looked pretty good to me in Firefox and got rid of the spacing.

3 Oct 04, 2005 23:34

Sorry, I see that botches other stuff. The problem is with the ul, and it seems fixable if you set a "padding-left" to 0 or whatever. That should at least get rid of the large margin. It also tends to change the look of your list, but I imagine with some tweaking you'll get it.

4 Oct 05, 2005 00:56

And when I do that work around, it looks horrid in IE (but I mean, what can you really expect from the bastard son of the internet?).

I suppose I will have to make a seperate stylesheet for FF and IE. Is there no other way? ::weeps:: :'(

5 Oct 05, 2005 00:58

Hmm, it should be fixable. Maybe if you can find another skin where categories show up the way you like in both FF and IE you can copy/modify their stylesheet to help your own.

6 Oct 05, 2005 09:50

This "appears" to work

#categories ul,#categories li,form #categories{
margin:0;
padding:0;
}

¥

Form is loading...