Recent Topics

1 Dec 31, 2005 09:21    

Moderator: You may want to move this as I missed this bit of text when posting. "If you're having a problem with skins, please post your question on the Skins/Templates Help forum. " - Sorry!

b2evo version 1.6 "Phoenix Alpha"
crystalglass skin was downloaded for use with 1.6 specifically
(or else I'd be using the l337 grey skin)

Blog location: http://www.skel3tor1.com/main/blogs/

You'll only see the profile link if you register so I created a test account for those who wish to see the error.

Username: testacct
Password: b2evo

When selecting the profile link at the bottom right you'll receive this on the profile page instead of the normal profile page.

---------------

User profile

Please, do not access this page directly.

---------------

Now, I have figured out a temp solution but I'm pretty sure the following code exists for a reason.

Normal Code in _profile.php

if( !defined('DB_USER') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

/**
 * We now call the default user profile form handler...
 * However you can replace this file with the full handler (in /blogs) and customize it!
 */
require get_path('skins').'/_profile.php';
?>

The modification that works is to simply remove the link that tells the php script to die. I'm not sure this is a good idea so I'm going to need another work around.

if( !defined('DB_USER') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

Things I've noticed so far.

-I'm using the crystalglass skin, but Sarah's blog on the site is using a different skin and the profile link works just fine. It also seems the crystal skin is appending more onto the actual profile link than her skin does.

-I turned on the choose skin option for blog Mikey (id=5). So feel free to take a peek. I know custom works fine though so it's got to be something in my crystalglass skin that is causing this to mess up but I don't know where to look.

I know I'm going to need to post the code from my files but instead of grabbing a ton of files, just tell me which ones you need and I'll post the code here for you. I went ahead and zipped up my crystalglass skins directory for anyone who wishes to look at it. [url=http://www.skel3tor1.com/main/files/crystalglass.zip]crystalglass.zip[/url]

Thanks in advance for all your assistance and insight.
~Michael

P.S I did try to search around but the forum's search options are severly lacking for something specific. With google I was able to weed it down to a few hundred search results specific to this site but nothing was related to this, nor was anything contained in the FAQs or User Docs. So my apologies if I missed the fix for this. The major problem in trying to weed down the search results was from people who post their entire .php scripts and so of course, I triggered every single one of those with such a generic error.

2 Dec 31, 2005 19:25

Take a look inside your crystalglass/_main.php to see what the "if (!defined) die (please don't access)" bit should be. For some reason the profile.php page in crystalglass still has the old version.

3 Jan 01, 2006 20:29

That did the trick with replacing the die statement.

Thanks,

Form is loading...