Recent Topics

1 Jan 30, 2006 20:39    

is it possible to show the name of the person that writes on the blog under the post? either next to the date or under the post next to the comment link?

if so, how do i make this work?

2 Jan 30, 2006 21:32

Do this if you want the author's name to be a link to all their posts on that blog:

<a href="<?php echo url_add_param( $Blog->get( 'blogurl', 'htmlattr' ), 'author='. $Item->Author->ID) ?>" title="Browse all posts by this author"><?php $Item->Author->prefered_name();  //the name of the author ?></a>

And this for a plain text link:

<?php $Item->Author->prefered_name();  //the name of the author ?>

3 Mar 07, 2006 00:41

thnx for your answer. been afk for a month or so, so didnt had time to respond. i tried that but it gives me an error and doesnt load the page anymore. does this work with the 1.6 release? or only with the 0.9 version?

4 Mar 07, 2006 01:26

In 0.9.1 it's spelled prefered.

In 1.6 it's spelled preferred

5 Mar 07, 2006 07:10

ah ok, thx ill give it a shot :D

*edit*
it worked, thx allot :D

6 Dec 13, 2007 23:03

im sorry to drag up this old thread but... i have recently upgraded to V2.2.0 and i have tried to find again where i could put this code, but it doesnt seem to be there.

is it possible to get the author's name beside each post in v2.2.0? if so, how is this done.

btw im using the evopress theme atm.

7 Dec 14, 2007 00:01

@drox
The 2.2.0 set ups vary per skin...
In the "evopress" skin heres what you can do to add the author name beside the post date.
goto ->blogs ->skins ->evopress and open the file called "post.main.php"
find :

<small>
			<?php
				$Item->issue_time( array(
						'time_format' => 'F jS, Y',
					) );
                      ?>
</small>

Replace it with:

<small>
			<?php
				$Item->issue_time( array(
						'time_format' => 'F jS, Y',
					) );
				$Item->author( array(
						'before'    => ', '.T_('by').' <strong>',
						'after'     => '</strong>',
					) );
			?>
		</small>

8 Dec 14, 2007 00:18

sir you are a life saver, i spend half the evening trying to figure this out and got to the point where it drove me bananas. thanks allot for the answer.

Form is loading...