Recent Topics

1 Mar 22, 2006 14:53    

I’m probably missing something very obvious here, but after reading the manual and posts I’m still stumped.

I’ve been trying to make a custom skin but so far every effort results in what looks like a loss of all formatting completely. Even taking a skin that works and just changing a color setting or jpg name seems to wipe the formatting.

I was wondering if my editor (I’ve just been using notepad) was somehow screwing up the .css file, so as an experiment I just copied the custom skin to a new folder without ever opening or editing any files. Again the formatting is gone.

Here’s my site: http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php

The “custom2” skin is just a copy of the “custom” skin, unedited except that I copied it to a folder named custom2 and renamed custom.css to custom2.css (it seems that the .css file and folder name are always the same, so I made that change. It din’t work before renaming the .css file either)

If you try “custom2” you’ll see what I mean by loss of formatting. (I’ve tried it in both IE and Firefox with the same result.)

I feel like I’m in driver’s ed and am too dumb to turn the ignition key – what am I missing here? :-/

TIA –

MCC

2 Mar 22, 2006 15:03

Your page still has custom.css in it (which doesn't exist), either rename your css file back to custom.css or edit your _main.php to use custom2.css

¥

3 Mar 22, 2006 17:40

Thanks - got it.

- MCC

Form is loading...