Recent Topics

1 Apr 14, 2006 20:48    

Hi folks. I recently made a change to my blog's Kubrick2Evo skins, to allow the sidebar to remain when you view the full posts.

This worked fine.

But now a few weeks later I seem to have a problem I didn't have before.

If I view a blog post with IE, the comment box appears too wide and it's pushing all the sidebar down so it appears below (though in the right column) the main page content.

The same behaviour isn't replicated in Firefox or Opera. But as the bulk of my visitors are using IE, I would like to fix this. Can anyone offer a solution? I've a feeling it's probably some quick bit of code needed to _feedback.php - but I'm no coder.

The site is:

www.cartmel-bar.co.uk

Thanks for reading this post.

2 Apr 14, 2006 22:59

Changing the #wrapper width to 761px seems to fix it.

3 Apr 14, 2006 23:31

Thanks for the reply.

How do I do that?

4 Apr 14, 2006 23:38

Open /skins/NewHarry/kubrick2evo.css and find this part:

#wrapper {
background : url(img/kubrickbg.jpg) repeat-y top;
background-color : white;
text-align : left;
border : none; 
margin : 20px auto;
padding : 0;
width : 760px;
}

And change that 760px to 761px. Repeat that for the other skins that need this change, too.

5 Apr 14, 2006 23:48

Alas that's not worked for me, but thank you so much for your time.

If you look at this image: http://www.cartmel-bar.co.uk/temp4/comment_box.jpg

You can see the cause of the problem. For some reason the comment box is shifted over to the right, whereas previously it was next to the text. I've been trying to find where in the skin/other code the actual parameters of this comment box are so I can shift it o resize, but had no luck yet.

6 Apr 15, 2006 03:13

I've fixed it. There was a column width of 40 near bComments in _feedback.php. I reduced it to 37 and that did the trick.

Thank you for your answers, they helped me narrow down the issue.

Form is loading...