Recent Topics

1 Sep 03, 2006 13:56    

If I upgrade from 9.2 to 1.8 will my settings and info stay the same or wiped out?

Also, will I have to reconfigure anything.

Obviously I am relatively new at this and don't want to negatively effect my blog users.

cheers

2 Sep 03, 2006 14:21

I upgraded from 9.2 to 1.8.1

It went smoother than I imagined and the only issues I had was to reconfig all the modifications and skin changes I had made from the standard install.
Took a couple of hours to rejig and some forum help on some of the changed file structure.

If your current 9.2 is bog standard, you shoud be fine.

4 Sep 23, 2006 07:58

I'm running b2evo v 0.9.0.12 and I'm scared to death about upgrading.

Can someone point me to some step-by-step instructions? I've been searching through old threads, but I'm not finding what I need.

Essentially, I'm afraid of the following:

1) That I'll lose all my posts. (Do I do a MYSQL backup or something?)

2) That my customized layouts won't work after the upgrade.

3) How do I know which upgrade to choose? 1.8.1 or 1.8.2?

5 Sep 23, 2006 08:20

sky captain wrote:

1) That I'll lose all my posts. (Do I do a MYSQL backup or something?)

Good idea! Files too, just in case you decide to go back to the version you're currently running. In fact, you should do a backup monthly or after a few posts just because.

sky captain wrote:

2) That my customized layouts won't work after the upgrade.

They won't! Everything under the hood is radically different, including how a skin turns a database into a web page. Check the "docs" link above to get to the wiki manual then look for upgrading your skin, or, consider one of the canned skins as a fresh starting point for the next generation of your blog.

sky captain wrote:

3) How do I know which upgrade to choose? 1.8.1 or 1.8.2?

One dot Eight dot Two!!! The major jump from 0.9.* to 1.6.* was due to huge core file changes. From the 1.6 generation to the 1.8 world was another major internal shift. The baby steps during each major upheaval are incremental improvements in the package. In other words, 1.8.2 cleaned up bugs in 1.8.1 which cleaned up bugs in 1.8. So go with 1.8.2 and be stylin'.

6 Sep 23, 2006 09:08

Thanks.

*Sigh*

I'm not looking forward to doing PHP surgery again to get what I want on and off my pages. (Including captcha... I'll have to remember how I did that.) But I guess I'll have to do it if I want to be able to post Youtube tags.

7 Sep 23, 2006 21:05

I'm pretty sure captcha is a plugin now. I could be wrong because I'm not a fan of captchas, but I'm pretty sure it's either there or available.

Form is loading...