Recent Topics

1 Sep 20, 2006 19:55    

The more_info plugin will allow you to attach additional info/fields onto a item (e.g. post/user), which will be editable within the write/edit post (if the values are for a post), or the register user or edit user (if the values are for a user).

So i could add a skype field into a user, or maybe a option saying 'subscribe to newsletter' to the user as well.

For posts maybe a recomended links section, or similiar.

Also in distant future versions it could be used as a dependency for the avatars plugin. (But i doubt it, as indepency seems a better idea atm)

This plugin relates to the following topics;
[url=http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=9320]User Registration[/url]

2 Sep 20, 2006 22:01

Sorry, I should have indicated that I would like to add simply a couple of text fields and perhaps a checkbox with an optional "required field" parameter.

Clicks.

3 Sep 21, 2006 02:42

Ok so the plugin will let you pick the type of field it is. Integer, text, list. Wether or not it is required. And wether it should be displayed in the register new user page.

4 Sep 21, 2006 03:13

Umm....

more_info

I'm not seeing this in my plugins folder.

Clicks.

5 Sep 21, 2006 03:19

Yeh, because i haven't made it yet....

6 Sep 21, 2006 03:45

Hey Balupton:

Just wondering if you had a chance to look into more_info.

Thanks.

Clicks

7 Sep 28, 2006 19:56

Sorry for the late reply, been busy...

Anyway, heres the update;

This plugin will actually take a lot more time than what i thought it would (to do properly).

So i've been thinking the past week, and my other projects that i'm working on will help make this possible :)

So don't expect this plugin anytime soon. But i am working on 'it'. (in fact right now i'm working on the projects it will be dependent upon).

So in short: I need to work on the things that this plugin will be dependent on first, and once they are done, then this plugin will be on it's way.

:)

ps: for more info on the projects i'm working on, check [url=http://projects.balupton.com/]here[/url].

8 Feb 14, 2010 02:08

balupton
I was looking to add some extra fields to the registration process when I came across this thread. Did you or any one else manage to do the plugin as I cannot seem to find any info on it, nor locate anything in the plugins?

Form is loading...