Recent Topics

1 Sep 21, 2006 20:01    

I am attempting to have a different bkgd image on each of 4 blog pages (call them All, A, B, and Links).

I have written a differenct css for each and attempted to point each of them to their own unique php through backdoor admin. I have attempted to edit their respective *.html files in the www/mydomain/b2evolution/blogs folder.

In short, I have run myself in conceptual circles and would sincerely help any guidance in this.

Thanks.

2 Sep 21, 2006 21:29

Try this: write one master css file that you stick in your skins/skinname folder (like normal). Now make a per-blog css file that changes ONLY the "body background url" bit. Save each one as "style.css" and upload it to your media/blogs/blogname folder. You will have to first tell it you are okay to upload .css files, or use FTP to upload the new css file.

After that b2evolution will read the regular css file then the per-blog one, which means the per-blog body background image will over-write the generic one. I've just barely started to scratch the surface of this feature but I can tell you right now I look forward to taking full advantage of this in a new installation I'm doing. Different background image, different widths for main content and sidebar, different *whatever* and all done by tweaking ONLY the part I need to tweak.

One skin to rule them all!

Oh hey this applies to 1.8.* installations. Prior generations would require multiple skins (one per blog) with a unique css file per blog to get the same job done.

3 Sep 21, 2006 22:06

Thanks for the quick response.
But I'm still at a loss.
I'm using version 1.8.1-2006-08-17
I have uploaded style.css files into each respective a/b/links folder in
/my domain/b2evolution/blogs/media/blogs/*
Images for bkgnd are saved in these respective folders as well as the img folder of the skin.

Is there something in the Blog settings-URL parameters that I need to reset or point?

Your response was simple enough--I was even excited--but am I missing something obvious?

4 Sep 21, 2006 23:28

Got link? Your skin might be the issue. There is a bit of code that needs to be in your skin's _main.php file that will take advantage of the groovy "blog-specific" style sheet gizmo. Lemme poke around a bit...

Okay check this out. Your skin's _main.php needs to have something like this in it:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="custom.css" type="text/css" />
	<?php
		$Blog->disp( 'blog_css', 'raw');
		$Blog->disp( 'user_css', 'raw');
	?>
</head>

Obviously your style sheet might not be named "custom.css" but so what. Use what you got and add the php bit and it *should* work.

5 Sep 22, 2006 18:30

Had to go with the more labour-intensive multi-skin approach.
But it got 'er done.
Thanks most sincerely.

:roll:

Form is loading...