Recent Topics

1 Dec 16, 2006 17:05    

Welcome

This plugin provides extra (but much needed) control over users editing b2evo posts. It makes it so that users (who are not above a specified level, or in specified groups) can not edit or delete someone else’s post. It is a must have for admins who run multiple user installations.

Moved / Preview / Download / More Information: [url=http://www.balupton.com/blogs/b2evo?title=edit_permissions_control_plugin]here.[/url]

3 Jul 28, 2007 01:39

balupton wrote:

Finally Released.

ok, we're back into pointless post mode huh?

¥

4 Jul 28, 2007 01:48

No, It is a old plugin, been on this forum for along time, it was updated, a post was made to bump it, are all bump posts pointless now? I would consider your post pointless though, well it has a point and that point is to make me make a point about your pointless point...

5 Jul 28, 2007 01:53

considering that this post *was* the third down in the forums list it's a smidge of a stretch to call it " long time ago an therefore worth a bump"

If you want me to get petulant just say so and I'll hit the admin area and stamp my feet and spit my dummy out?

¥

6 Jul 28, 2007 01:59

Actually it was on page 3, it was a post made back in December 2006.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 0:05

Tell me when you have stopped being trigger happy and maybe we'll continue to get on.

7 Jul 28, 2007 02:03

actually, after I moved it into the "pointless posts" forum and then back here it was on page one.

Tell me when you've given up trying to get banned and we'll get on

¥

8 Jul 28, 2007 02:07

The shadow copy was, which was then removed, not this topic. Tell me when your done looking for reasons to ban me and we may get on.

10 Aug 16, 2007 09:19

All of a sudden this plugin caused errors in my backoffice. When clicking on "Posts" I get this here

var edit_link_title = "Edit this post..."; var delete_link_title = "Delete this post"; var deprecate_link_title = "Deprecate this post!"; // var delete_link_title2 = "Delete this comment"; // var edit_link_title2 = "Edit this comment"; // var deprecate_link_title2 = "Deprecate this comment!"; var remove_links_Array = new Array(); 

After uninstalling the plugin everything worked again. I reinstalled and the same problem appeared.

I use the 1.0 version of the plugin and Florida

11 Aug 16, 2007 17:06

Did you install any other plugins or make any changes to the b2evo install recently?

12 Aug 16, 2007 21:27

Neither plugins nor other changes as far as I can remember. It started happening suddenly - I update my blogs nearly daily

13 Aug 16, 2007 21:44

Could you send my a copy of the html source code produced that the page exports, maybe it contains something that explains the problem.

14 Aug 16, 2007 21:58

Thanks for that, here is a small quickfix until i do a proper one, find line 123 of _editpermctrl.plugin.php and make it look like this

function AdminEndHtmlHead( & $params )
	{	// We use this hook to include the js file

global $plugins_url, $ctrl, $ItemList;

if ( !$ItemList )
			return false; // quickfix

if ( $ctrl == 'browse' )

15 Aug 16, 2007 22:04

Thanks alot, now it works again! :D

16 Sep 24, 2007 12:18

I dont want to allow bloggers to add, edir or delete someone else posts although the bloggers have full acceess to blogs.
for example user1 is in bloggers group and the bloggers group have Full Access permission for blogs but user1 can not add, edit or delete someone else posts.
can I use this plugin? how? how can I do this?

17 Oct 18, 2007 15:49

balupton, you're da man!
One more of your plugins installed and working just great! (my b2evo version: 1.10.2)
I owe you a lot of beers ;) :lol:

@farhad2na2: I think what you want is exactly what does this plugin -> go ahead and install it!

cheers

18 Oct 18, 2007 18:44

farhad2na2, all you need to do is install this plugin and it does everything for you to suit your needs.

OSdave, cheers.

19 Jul 11, 2008 23:27

balupton - I need your Edit Permissions Control Plugin but your site seems to be down. I've installed the latest version of b2e and noticed that users can edit any posts. Searching the forum I find it seems to be very common... >:(

Is there anywhere I can download it or has anyone on this thread got a copy. Please post the URL.

Thanks.

[url=http://www.the-worlds-gone-mad.com]The world's gone MAD!.com[/url]

20 Jul 16, 2008 19:52

i have been looking for this for a long time but the download link is not available?

21 Oct 05, 2008 12:48

hhmm.. can i ask where will i upload the file? in what directory?

22 Oct 05, 2008 19:27

mhico008 - If you have the plugin, upload it anywhere! Simply post a link to it here so we can download it.

23 Nov 25, 2008 22:53

how do you use this plugin? there is no usage file. Is there an admin tab?

Form is loading...