Recent Topics

1 Feb 27, 2008 04:35    

My b2evolution Version: 2.3

Hi,
How can I put more emphasis when a new comment is post? Not necessarly, blinking but bigger if it have 1 or more comment.
By the way, is it possible to see comment on first page (without having to click on individual post)? I want to be able to follow easily conversation.
Thanks
Mel

3 Feb 28, 2008 02:18

thanks
it's not what I search, anyway I already installed it... It only show the title and you have to click on it to see the whole thing.
Maybe it's not yet implemented, but I'm thinking something more like a [+] who show/hide comment without having to change page, having to come back after, etc...
Mel

4 Feb 28, 2008 02:27

Hi mel_t,

This doesn't exist right now the way you want it.
I was thinking of the rss reader as a widget with the rss feeds for the comments. That gives you some of the functionality you require.

Good luck

5 Feb 28, 2008 02:42

I found an answer to your second part, but it's not as cool as it used to be.

Depending on your skin's file structure, add "$c = true;" before the bit that includes "_item_feedback.inc.php". Like so:

<?php
// ------------------ FEEDBACK (COMMENTS/TRACKBACKS) INCLUDED HERE ------------------
$c = true;
skin_include( '_item_feedback.inc.php', array(
		'before_section_title' => '<h4>',
		'after_section_title'  => '</h4>',
	) );
// Note: You can customize the default item feedback by copying the generic
// /skins/_item_feedback.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
// ---------------------- END OF FEEDBACK (COMMENTS/TRACKBACKS) ---------------------
?>

Back in the old days you could easily set it up to show comments but not the comments form using similar trickery in your skin's _main.php file, but it's not as easy in the new world. I'm sure it can be done, but hey I tinkered this much and got this far so hooray for me eh?

Hope it helps!

6 Feb 28, 2008 02:57

Brilliant, Ed,

Because you can so easily make a new _item.feedback.inc.php, . Cut out the comment form, restrict to comments, fix the maximum number of comments and now you have exactly what mel_t requests.

Great job

7 Feb 28, 2008 03:18

um... does "brilliant" mean "lucky bastard who occasionally blunders into an answer"?

Yeah I thought there would be a way to use a different version of the page that makes the feedbacks happen for quick displays on a multipost page, then use the real version on single post pages so that someone can actually read and leave a comment. Be kinda neat I reckon...

Not sure if this covers showing only new comments to a registered blogger though. For that, assuming that is what mel_t is looking for, wouldn't it need either a hacked table or a new table to track what's been seen?

Hey Afwas I thought using the RSS feed for comments on a blog was a slick idea. Like, just subscribe to your own feed and let your aggregator show what's new and what's not. Same with the plugin, as long as your style sheet shows the link differently if you've visited it or not right?

8 Feb 28, 2008 03:50

EdB wrote:

um... does "brilliant" mean "lucky bastard who occasionally blunders into an answer"?

What *is* the difference between the two options?

9 Feb 29, 2008 02:59

Hi,
thanks. I'm not sure I understand everything now, but I will examine this on weekend. I come back later with feedback.

I also think to RSS, I already asked on a previous post how doing a feed "post+comment" but I never receive answer, and I did'nt succeed to do it.
Mel

Form is loading...