Recent Topics

1 Dec 04, 2006 02:36    

I don't have rights for the blogproperties tab (still I see that tab)
when clicking on it I get this :

2 Jan 21, 2007 16:29

I also have the same problem.

3 Jan 29, 2007 22:31

Anyone got any progress on this? In my situation a user who is a member of blog #1 but does not have permission to post there sees the screen posted above even though they fully own a blog that properly exists. It doesn't matter if they are a member based on group settings or user settings. I've found that the driver seems to be if they have permission to edit the blog they happen to be 'on', though it's not always in the URL. You know how b2evo somehow remembers what blog you were at when on the, for example, 'write' tab then takes you there when you are going to the Blog settings tab? That's what causes the problem.

So in other words if someone has some permissions in a blog but not edit permissions for that blog they are going to eventually see the screen shot posted above.

4 Jan 29, 2007 23:17

I'm using a workaround that might benefit others. I'll never have more than 60 bloggers in this installation, and they know it takes me some time to hook them up, so for me this isn't a fate worse than death.

Each time a blogger registers I verify they're allowed to have a blog (club membership), then set up their blog. I send them an email with "okay I turned on all your stuff and here's some info ... blah ... blah ... blah" about basic stuff they need to know about the back office. In that email I include a "cheat sheet" on how to get in to Write and Post and Categories and Blog Settings if they see an error screen of some kind. It's an easy cheat-sheet to develop, and the only thing that changes person to person is the blog number at the end.

WRITE: http://yourdomain.tld/path/admin.php?blog=NN
POSTS: http://yourdomain.tld/path/admin.php?ctrl=browse&blog=NN
CATEGORIES: http://yourdomain.tld/path/admin.php?ctrl=chapters&blog=NN
BLOG SETTINGS: http://yourdomain.tld/path/admin.php?ctrl=collections&action=edit&blog=NN

I send them all 4 links because the bug is more than just blog #1. If they were on a blog on a main tab they had permission in and go to a different main tab that they don't have permissions for the blog they were on they'll get that error screen. It's a really useless screen in IE by the way.

5 Jan 31, 2007 22:50

Can you please post a URL where/when it happens (the relative, relevant part from "admin.php" on) and from where (referring URL)?

It would be good to have a recipe to reproduce it, but knowing when the "edit" perms are expected (from where) would help already enough I think.

6 Feb 01, 2007 10:24

I'll do an installation and PM you login credentials because you've got to be in the back office to see it happen.

7 Feb 01, 2007 13:01

Okay so far it seems to be related to how permissions are set up, though I haven't hit on the combination that will lead to the error appearing. Specifically user group permissions. It's possible it is somehow related to a plugin I installed on the real installation, but I'm having a hard time seeing in my mind how it could be. For sure it's related to sessions though because when the URL for a tab doesn't contain any blog-specific info (&blog=N) you still end up on a specific blog in that tab. Since I don't know how long session data lasts for I close IE and wait a while before I open it back up and go to the back office as "Joe User". That would be after changing something in the settings as The Admin in Firefox.

8 Feb 01, 2007 13:41

Okay got it figured out. Give the Bloggers group permission to "view only" blog settings. Now give the Bloggers group permission to post in blog #2. In my test situation I checked is member, published and draft, and all three fields options for media directory. Next go to blog #3 and use the User permissions to "check all" when in advanced layout.

If I understand correctly, the blogger should be able to post in blogs 2 and 3, and should have full control over blog 3. At the very least the blogger should be able to view settings for blog 3.

What happens is that the blogger will have the ability to post in blogs 2 and 3. If the blogger is on the Write tab and selects blog 2 THEN selects the Blog settings tab they will get the error message.

blueyed check your PM to experience this. I'll give you credentials to log in as both TheAdmin and TheUser.

9 Feb 03, 2007 01:05

I am having a related problem. Using 1.9.2.

I have played with all different types of permissions for users and groups and basically, if a user does not have the "Edit Blog" option checked, when they click on "Blog Settings", they get the error page. Is there a way I can fix it so they get the standard no permissions page?

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Group/user permission denied by b2evolution! (blog_properties:edit:2)
Backtrace:

1. debug_die( "Group/user permission denied by b2evolution! (blog_properties:ed..." )
File: C:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\blogs\inc\MODEL\users\_user.class.php:551
2. User->check_perm( "blog_properties", "edit", true, 2 )
File: C:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\blogs\inc\CONTROL\collections\blogs.php:115
3. require( "C:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\blogs\inc\CONTROL\collections\blogs.php" )
File: C:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\blogs\admin.php:122

Ignored last: 1

10 Feb 03, 2007 01:22

AFAIK no one has a 'fix' for this issue yet. Seems blueyed took advantage of the login credentials I sent him because some of the settings are getting changed. Given that he is a major player on the dev team I suspect we'll see the best possible answer in the time it takes him to craft it (instead of "this will do" as soon as possible).

I'm telling my users to just add &blog=N to any url that gives them the error, where N is the number for their blog. Unfortunately blogging in general seems to scare them enough, so actually having to do something more than just click is not happening :roll:

11 Feb 03, 2007 01:37

This isn't that critical as any users who try to access the "Blog Settings" tab who have not been given permission will just be given that error page other than the normal no permission page.

I'll try and dig around and see if maybe its just missing the right flag for the permission of Blog Settings. Seems like maybe it only knows what to do when you are set to "Full Access" but not sure if you are set to View. Doesn't seem like a big problem.

I mean, if a person gets the error page vs. the nice page, they'll still get the idea they don't hav access to modify the blog. :)

12 Feb 03, 2007 01:50

The problem for me is when the person does have rights to edit A blog's settings, but not the settings for the blog they may have just posted in. In that case they get the error message instead of being directed to the only blog they're allowed to edit. In my case each user can post in their own blog and a common blog, but they can only edit their blog. Thus it's not just a matter of providing a friendly error message.

13 Feb 03, 2007 02:03

Ahhh. I see what you're saying. I haven't even gotten to that point yet using multiple blogs but I can see your dilemma. Seems like maybe this is a bigger problem than just my scenario.

I am trying to give someone access to post to a blog but not be able to control the blog settings (for fear they will screw it all up). What happens when you turn that off in both user and group?

14 Feb 11, 2007 19:37

Ok, please try the following patch:
In blogs/inc/CONTROL/collections/blogs.php (around line 70), find:

if( $action == 'list' && !empty($blog) )

and replace it with:

if( $action == 'list' && ! empty($blog)
       && ($blog = autoselect_blog($blog, 'blog_properties', 'edit')) )

Please report back, if this fixes it, so I can commit it to CVS.

15 Feb 12, 2007 12:48

This is something different, but I'm getting:

Bad Request!
The parameters of your request are invalid.

If you have obtained this error by clicking on a link INSIDE of this site, please report the bad link to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:
Illegal value received for parameter «c»!

When editing comments (Publish or Depreciate): the action happens but the error is thrown too.

-Perry

16 Feb 12, 2007 14:36

pmowbray please create a new thread for that issue. It helps the dev team understand what problems they need to address is the thing.

blueyed I'm sorry I missed your post but will apply it now to a working blog and the sample blog I set up for you. I'll even delay my Super Great Plugin Announcement to get this tested.

17 Feb 12, 2007 14:43

EdB wrote:

pmowbray please create a new thread for that issue. It helps the dev team understand what problems they need to address is the thing.

Done

18 Feb 12, 2007 14:52

Hooray for blueyed!!!

I don't care what Francois says about you: you're alright! ;)

I did not apply this to the test installation so you won't see any benefit there. I did it on a blog that I can easily tweak the files prior to uploading, and happen to have a 'regular user' account with permission to post in 2 blogs but only edit settings in one blog. When I went from posting in a blog I can't edit to the blogs settings tab I found myself on the tab for the blog I can edit. Therefore for my purposes this patch is exactly what I needed. BTW the only thing I did differently than what you posted was to put both sides of the if thing on one line. I'm a one-line type of guy is why. In my limited experience this is not a problem 99% of the time. Nonetheless it's a detail I figured I should point out.

Thanks man!

19 Feb 12, 2007 18:13

Nice Work man. That fixed it for me. Thanks!

blueyed wrote:

Ok, please try the following patch:
In blogs/inc/CONTROL/collections/blogs.php (around line 70), find:

if( $action == 'list' && !empty($blog) )

and replace it with:

if( $action == 'list' && ! empty($blog)
       && ($blog = autoselect_blog($blog, 'blog_properties', 'edit')) )

Please report back, if this fixes it, so I can commit it to CVS.

20 Feb 12, 2007 22:17

Ok, I'll apply the patch then to all relevant branches.

Form is loading...