Recent Topics

1 Mar 03, 2008 12:44    

This plugin will use JW Media Player to embed mp3, swf and flv (and a lot more...) files into posts.

CREDITS

- Ladyease (BAE) and (his? her?) Embedflash plugin. I know nothing about php so I wouldn't be able to make it without this plugin.
- http://www.jeroenwijering.com - JW FLV Media Player, distributed under Creative Commons licence.
- Edb - for making me realize that FlowPlayer is crap :P

INSTALLATION

1. Unzip the file and copy "plugins" into your blog plugins folder.
2. Login to admin page and Activate the plugin Embed JWplayer
3. Give credits to Ladyease and http://www.jeroenwijering.com :)

ANYTHING ELSE?

Since I'm noob at php, if anyone is interested into any development of this plugin, go ahead, since I'm not really capable of creating functions in php...

USEFUL DOCS AND RESOURCES

Please see the site:
http://www.jeroenwijering.com

This player has enormous capabilities! SWObject implementation, playlists, watermarks, after-play recommendations... I'm just too weak at coding to use them all.
See this code wizard for examples:
http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?page=wizard

DEMO

http://blog.manjikai.com/dojo.php/basic-flowplayer-integration-plugin

TIPS & TRICKS

- the plugin renders one kind of player for both mp3 and video files. It means that if you don't want to use splash image, use the "embed mp3" button instead. :) Just write width and height (400px for example), give a full path to video file, and it's done. :)

- instead of a file, you can input a full path to a playlist file. (playlist generator included in the package). In this case a flashy playlist player will be displayed, and you'll be able to browse more than one song or movie!

DOWNLOAD

:!: [url=http://blog.manjikai.com/media/users/admin/Tools/jwplayer_plugin.zip] Click here to download plugin[/url]

2 Mar 11, 2008 14:21

gupik wrote:

TODO

... I just missed the lesson of W3C, the code doesn't validate... anybody can help? I can't figure out why.

It looks promising, although I haven't tested yet.

Regarding XHTML validation, [url=http://tinyurl.com/24w98x]the errors I see[/url] are related to you pagerank image in the lower right sidebar, and not to the plugin. So, you need to fix your skin, not your plugin.

3 Mar 20, 2008 13:02

FIXED:

- now the plugin renders a code that is Valid XHTML
- the plugin does not crash RSS reader anymore (need more people to confirm)

I think that would be all... although working on RSS enclosures (for podcasting) would be nice.

Please test and report errors. :)

(PS. you can also enter an mp3 or movie playlist instead of single file. :) The playlist generator is included in the package. As for mp3 playlist player, you obviously have to set the height at least as big as image thumbnails displayed for each song...)

4 Apr 11, 2008 05:59

Ok. Very much a noob, and I'm sure I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but I can't seem to get this thing to work. I upgraded to 2.4.1, I installed the plugin, I have a .flv file that I can get to work in a wordpress blog and I put that .flv file in a Videos folder(public_html/Videos). I put the absolute URL in for the Object URL and the width and height and null for a splash page, but I get nothing.
Here's what it looks like in the edit screen:

[object:flv:http://www.henryhharrison.com/Videos/SailfishFlyPT3.flv width:400 height:255 bonus:null]

Any pointers would be huge b/c I'd much rather use B2E than Wordpress.
Thanks.
link ( http://www.henryhharrison.com/index.php?blog=3 )
The title is FLV Test of JW Player
Henry H.

5 Apr 12, 2008 18:44

you have to put the splash image ^^

If you want it without a splash image, use the "MP3 player" button, give e.g. width and height of 400px and give the absolute path to video file... that's it :)

BTW can you test if it crashes the RSS eader or not? ^^ it's my biggest concern.

6 Apr 13, 2008 00:13

thanks for the prompt reply. However, It still doesn't work. I viewed the source from your example and from my attempt and I noticed that the output on my site looks like this
has the & # 8 2 1 7 ; (spaces put in by me so the bb wouldn't mark it up) instead of a single quote. I tried downloading directly from your site in case I'd gotten an old version but to no avail. Is this something I need to fix in the skin as mentioned above?
Thanks again. I'm really looking forward to getting this working.

7 Apr 13, 2008 16:35

Oh my! There should be the ' marks, not utf8 thing like this: & # 8 2 1 7;

(had to write spaces because it kept being translated :D)

It has something to do with encoding, probably...

Please check your mysql database. Does it have collation set for utf8 unicode? Are the connections set for utf8 unicode or utf8_general_ci? If it's latin1 or something different then it's probably the cause of problems...

Also, when uploading new files of the plugin, please uninstall the plugin, install it again, and then edit the page containing the code and re-submit it so that the renderer has the opportunity to change the output code :)

8 Apr 13, 2008 16:44

Thanks again for the quick reply. It looks like that might be it. I'm collating in Latin1_swedish_ci.
On a quick side note, do you know if its possible to switch that with out rebuilding the database? I know thats off topic.

THanks

H.

9 Apr 13, 2008 17:10

Hmm... you can do it manually, but it will take a looooong-ass time :)

Or maybe...

Hmm, maybe you can back up your database without the collation setting. (as far as I remember you can choose which data to backup)
Or: backup it, edit in wordpad and search for collation strings (replace Latin1_swedish_ci with utf8_general_ci <- please check in your database the correct utf8 spelling to avoid typos, I'm telling it from my memory :P)

Don't forget to copy all your posts into the notepad...

Then, after having a backup, purge the database and change the collation of the whole database and the connection method.

then, import the changed backup. Some posts might be spoiled because of different encoding... that's why it's important to copy the posts text somewhere before the operation...

If it doesn't help, then re-install might be neccessary. :/

BTW, working with a database backup is a delicate thing, I remember ruining it many times so it's best to work on copies just in case. You'll be able to go back to previous settings easily.

10 Apr 13, 2008 19:28

thanks. I actually exported the database into a sql file, built a new database and reimported the data to that one, changed the _basic_config.php file and I had a nice little copy but with utf8_general_ci collating. I then made a new post.
However, I still seem to get the "& # 8 2 1 7; " thing.
I even tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin and then re-editing the post to let it re-render.
Any other ideas?

11 Apr 13, 2008 21:36

Ok. I just created a brand new installation of B2E without importing my old tables and It works like a charm. Thanks for the help and I look forward to using this. Its been needed for along time.
Now I just need to figure out how to move all my old data over to the new blog.
H.

12 Apr 13, 2008 22:02

OK, that's great you made it :) Too bad it couldn't be done in any easier way.

13 Apr 14, 2008 15:42

Anyone else probably could have. Thanks though. :-)

14 Apr 20, 2008 15:03

Yup...

The same happened to me as I wanted to make a translation coded with a charset different than utf-8. It failed miserably, and I had to reinstall the blog as well.

utf-8 is the best solution because it seems that b2evo has it somewhat "hardcoded"... at least it's my feeling because I'm not good enough to tell it for sure. :)

now I'm in the middle of making the Polish utf-8 translation, but at the same time I'm writing my Master Thesis, so it will take a long time...

15 May 14, 2008 18:47

Seems like only one instance of this player will work in a single post? Is this right? I cant get more than one instance to show up in a post, only the first instance is seen.

Any help?

Thanks

Using b2evolution 2.4.1

16 May 20, 2008 21:33

I just had the same thing happen to me. I use a mac and Firefox. You can get multiple instances to show up in Firefox without a problem, but with Safari, I get just one instance. It shows the last video in the series.
Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for this to show multiple instances in Safari and also if you can see multiple instances in Explorer (and a fix if not)
Thanks

Could there be an issue with the div id and so.write values being the same for each instance? I don't really know javascript too well.

I'm also running 2.4.1

17 May 21, 2008 11:22

The divs showing the players inside should have different IDs... I would have to see the source code of the blog page, maybe Safari understands the code differently... and then maybe I'll read Safari stuff.

I'm not that into Safari... :/

18 May 21, 2008 21:07

yeah, I'm not into safari either but I'm also concerned about explorer and those make up a lot of my viewers. The divs have the same ids in both browsers (firefox and safari).

see here for source:
http://www.theweeklyfly.com/index.php.b2e

I've had to revert back to Wordpress for the main site and due to the suffix I put on the index.php file navigation might not work right, but you should get a decent view source page.

Thanks for the reply.

19 Jun 08, 2008 20:51

It's strange... I'll have to ask experienced coders for help. :/

Anyone?

20 Jun 09, 2008 17:00

thanks gupik, it would be a great help. Its an otherwise fantastic plugin.

21 Nov 07, 2010 14:41

Great work!

Plugin works fine for me in version 4.0 beta.
I've a question: how to display the object in the post in the center (alignment)?
I tried to do it within the html code of the post, but whatever I do, the player shows up at the left.

22 Nov 07, 2010 16:44

Try to set a fixed with of <object> parent <div> and then change margin to auto.

<div style="width:400px; margin: 20px auto"><object></div>

Form is loading...