2 Dec 08, 2013 19:23
I tried this: http://forums.b2evolution.net/5-0-0-0-bug
and this: http://shininghappypeople.net/deljr/b2e-russian-english.html
and these helped me to find my own simple solution.
I noticed, that after "Clear pre-renderered comment cache (DB)" (through b2evo/ admin.php) - my Cyrillic (Russian) comments are displayed properly just once, until the next reload.
So I went to my HOSTING phpMyAdmin and found there TABLES responsible for COMMENTS PRE-RENDERING = evo_comments__prerendering.
For some reason its COLLATION was "latin1_swedish_ci" .
So I changed it manually to "utf8_general_ci" and now at last feel relief ).
Good luck to all !