Recent Topics

1 Dec 05, 2006 08:05    

Hello all;

Please bare with me as I am admittedly no expert programmer, and only somewhat fluent on self taught HTML. I do plan on learning PHP after the holidays, but I thought I would throw the following out just to see what others had to say.

First the question. Is there anyway to 'pull' a copy of the template of others pages one visits if we see it is powered by b2e? For example, I have visited some of the b2e users sites, and I like some of the templates they have personalized, to the point where I wish I had a copy I could personalize myself. For example, Logan Elementary School has a very nice & simple site, and I wouldn't mind having a copy of their template to tweek a little so as to add to my site as a template for my kids. I understand that it probably originally started from an existing skin on b2e, but I was just curious know if there was a way to pull a copy like one can do when they view source an HTML page. :?:

As to my suggestion, it sorta touches along the same lines as above. Perhaps the designers out there reading this can come up with a few templates that are 'kiddie' oriented, be it like Logan Elementary's site, or using backgrounds, graphics & fonts that incorporate toys or crayons. Also, couple of Patriotic templates would be nice, be it country specific or even international! Just some ideas! :lol:

I say all this as there were some real nice skins available for previous versions of b2e, but which do not work with 1.6.* & up. May be an idea to update some of those too, especially the Harry Potter ones (my wife liked those)! :-p

Respects,
Dave
"Nothing Worth Having Comes Without Some Kind Of Fight,
Got To Kick At The Darkness 'Til It Bleeds Daylight!"
- Bruce Cockburn 'Lovers In A Dangerous Time'

2 Dec 05, 2006 10:06

Hi,

I would suggest : contact the webmaster of Logan Elementeray School, and ask if you can use there skin.

About updating the skins : There are not that many designers in the b2evo group, so our time is limited between keeping our own blog rolling, helping out in the forum, writing a manual, and real life.

We made a conversion manual to update skins 0.9 to 1.8.

In fact, the reason why you like a skin is probably because of the graphics..
The code is 'easy if you follow the manual.

http://manual.b2evolution.net/Upgrade_Skin_from_0.9.2_to_1.8

Form is loading...