Recent Topics

1 Dec 07, 2006 19:14    

I've only been looking over b2evolution for a day or two and generally I'm impressed but one thing I have been unable to do is assign posts to the proper category within a blog. I don't see any input fields or toggles for category. It would be nice to be able to switch a post's category but more importantly I wish to create a post within a specific category. Currently any new posts seem to be assigned to the latest category created.

2 Dec 07, 2006 19:21

In your back office (admin area) when you're on the 'write' tab take a look at the top of the right hand side. There you will find a list of categories you've made up for the blog you're posting in.

3 Dec 07, 2006 19:46

My display shows nothing about categories within the Write tab, not for Simple nor for Expert. Is it possible that part of my screen is obscured? I did need to tweek the css file in order to see the entire input box for editing. I'm using Epiphany for my browser but noticed the same thing with Firefox.

Yeap, there it is. I just started up my old MS box with IE and the editing screen appears correct. It appears I may have to do some css editing in order to be able to use b2evolution on my debian.

4 Dec 07, 2006 23:38

Just a brief follow-up on this question. After determining that the editing box was on the wrong side of the screen, I added positon: absolute to the class left_col and uncovered all sorts of controls I had yet to find.

6 Dec 08, 2006 01:28

demo does indeed show the same problem I had initially. The only change I needed to make to correct it was to add the absolute position attribute to the div class left_col. The screen is not perfect but it does now allow me access to all the controls. I did not try Firefox on the Windows box, only on my debian (Sarge). I've generally been using Epiphany 1.4.8 (same engine). I don't have a box running Etch.

8 Dec 08, 2006 01:47

This one works just fine. In fact it has better overall placement of objects on the page than mine.

Form is loading...