Recent Topics

1 Dec 12, 2006 00:13    

I just switched over to b2evolution after several years with Blogger's (terrible) service. I love it.

Traditionally, I have always used wbloggar to write my posts for Blogger. Although wbloggar supports b2evolution, I run into frequent publishing errors, and I can't get it to put a post in more than one category.

I'm searching for a solution, so I have also tried Zoundry BlogWriter, BlogDesk, and Qumana. None natively support b2evolution, but all support various incarnations of WordPress, MT, and other XML-RPC based API's.

I have tried dozens of possible combinations of software, API's, etc, and I still haven't found any that work 100%. In general, the problem seems to be limited support for posts with multiple categories assigned.

Zoundry BlogWriter (using the WordPress API) is the only one I can get to post to multiple categories. However, it isn't publishing the post title ... just the body. Then, when I go and update the post, it fails halfway through ... but the changes are reflected on my site WITH the previously missing title.

I guess I could use Zoundry and just double-post to get everything up to the site perfectly, but it sure would be nice to have a fully-working solution.

Has anyone successfuly configured any of these programs (or others) to post to b2evolution in multiple categories? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2 Dec 16, 2006 01:01

I've used BlogJet (not free) with quite success.
The only thing that doesn't work properly is that when uploading images, BlogJet puts the Alt tag before the img src and b2evolution doesn't accept that order.
If on the contrary you use Flicker there is no problem with images.
I recommend BlogJet for those that prefer an easier interface.
But, with the newer plugins, the newer versions, I think working inside b2evolution has become much better even though its scary at first sight.

3 Feb 20, 2007 18:25

I use BlogDesk, it is able to post in multiple categories.

I am using it successfully with a 1.8-blog; but on another one, powered by b2evo 1.9 - BlogDesk creates empty posts. Has anyone dealt with that?

4 Feb 20, 2007 20:09

How do you have BlogDesk configured? What blogging engine are you setting it up for? I couldn't get it to work for multiple categories.

5 Feb 20, 2007 21:49

A few users on this forum use Zoundry without problems.

I know that there were reports of w.bloggar not working but wether those issues are now resolved i don't know.

6 Feb 21, 2007 08:31

hategun, I use these settings:

API = Metaweblog
System = Unknown

When posting something, check multiple categories, they will be selected, and you will see the same effect inside b2evo's admin panel, therefore it works.

I use BlogDesk 2.6 b300

7 May 02, 2007 03:36

what's the api url format for zoundry blog writer?

Form is loading...