Recent Topics

1 Jan 06, 2007 03:12    

I want to use the kubrick2evo skin in 1.8.6 especially the header image file. I looked in 1.8.6 skin directory/skin/img and there is no skinheader.jpg file.

Thanks

2 Jan 06, 2007 03:52

There are 5 different header images in the k2e for the 1.8 release.

• kubrickheader.jpg is unused and probably should have been pulled since it's the same as the next one.[*]kubrickheader_blue.jpg is the default header image you'll see if you use the skin 'as is'.[*]kubrickheader_blue_solid.jpg is almost the same except it doesn't do any color gradient. I figured it would probably be a bit easier for someone to snip out the blue and pop in their own image if they didn't have to mess with the gradient. Also if you just don't like the gradient even though the original kubrick used a gradient.[*]kubrickheader_pink.jpg is for the pinkified version of k2e, which you can select by changing a param in the _main.php file.[*]kubrickheader_pink_solid.jpg is for the same purpose and reason as the blue_solid image is.[/list:u]

• Near as I can recall there has never been an image file called "skinheader" in that particular skin, but there certainly is/are image files that make up the top part of the display. Many people who have used that skin have done a nice job of customizing that particular image file. In fact I wish I had a clue about how graphic people do graphic things so I could give them the best tools possible to make it be their own header image. I can't, so the best I could do was to say "here is a solid blue version you can probably do something with". Hope it helps, and I hope you like the few changes I did to it. It is no longer exactly the same as kubrick was is the thing. Mostly to do with all the different colors involved. A bit wider spread across all the shades of blue, and an occasional "oopsie" that shouldn't have happened. Like when someone comments the background of the name and email and url fields is pink - in the blue version. I also added b2evolution features that kubrick never had because kubrick is a WP thing. So, of course, it no longer matches exactly. That was my original goal. This time around I tried to make a lot of stuff be better/cooler/neater, but it's the mistakes that always show the most :(

3 Jan 06, 2007 04:04

Thanks EdB, but the 1.8.6 I downloaded does not include kubrick skin. Where can can download it?

Form is loading...