Recent Topics

1 Jan 05, 2007 17:57    

Hi

After the great help from Superguru yester i wanted to extend the futere more.

How do i adjust the linkblog

this is how it's looks now :

Linkblog
Links

* Heiße Teens Permalink
* Digitalsins.com Permalink
* Kodiefiles Permalink
* The Free Sex Forum Permalink
* The Hun’s yellow pages Permalink

But i want to adjust more, like text messages and so one

ps: his it possible to remove and change the text Linkblog and Links in above example.

Gr

2 Jan 07, 2007 04:38

In skins/yourskin/_linkblog.php you should be easily able to see where it says "Linkblog" and change it to be whatever you like. To remove it is not as straightforward. In that file find this bit:

if(!isset($linkblog_main_start)) $linkblog_main_start = '<div class="bSideItem"><h3>'.
																														T_('Linkblog').'</h3>';

And change it to this:

if(!isset($linkblog_main_start)) $linkblog_main_start = '<div class="bSideItem">';

"Links" is the name of the category your links are posted in, so you can change that by editing the name of the category. Removing that text is not a simple thing to do at all. I think.

I don't understand what you mean by adding text messages, but if you want to say something about the link after the link you can do that when you make your post in your linkblog. Add a sentence in and it will show up on the main page, but un-check the "auto-P" box in the text renderers when you do that - and don't add too much else it'll look like crap.

3 Jan 07, 2007 10:26

thx for the help

what i mean at the last part is a part where i can put also links to me
i found out that i can't put email adressen in the writetab ( only http://.....)
I wanted a piece on my sideblog to ad mail adres for me and other contributers.

And to make it nicer also whit the litlle squires(dots) befor it

Gr and thx

4 Jan 07, 2007 11:09

Okay I think I got an angle that'll work for you, including the dots. BTW the dots are happening because it's an unordered list. As long as you can add what you want to your list just like a link in your linkblog it'll get the dot in front of it.

So here's what you do: visit your own web when you're logged in, then refresh the page. You will see where it says that you are online in the Who's Online section. Right-click the envelope icon and select "Copy link location" (or "Copy Shortcut" if you're using IE). Now go into your back office and write a new post in your linkblog. For the title use whatever you like. "Contact Me" or something like that. For the 'Link to URL' field right click and paste in the link you copied from your envelope. Oh you might want to make up a new category specially for that one link because the linkblog will organize links by category. If your contact link has it's own category it'll be displayed separate from the rest of your links.

The problem is it doesn't work in your skin and I don't know why. Once we get that figured out you'll have a link in your linkblog that people can use to send you an email.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know why nifty_corners doesn't do the message form thing?

Form is loading...