Recent Topics

1 Feb 01, 2007 22:02    

When i try to view my blog by clicking exit to blogs this message appears. Does anyone know whats wrong with it? And how i can fix it?

Notice: Undefined variable: default_skin in /home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 416

Warning: main(/home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/skins//_main.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 433

Warning: main(/home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/skins//_main.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 433

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/skins//_main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 433

2 Feb 01, 2007 23:16

Which version of b2evolution are you using, and have you installed any plugins that you think may have a effect on it?

3 Feb 01, 2007 23:30

I'm using b2evolution 1.9.2. No i having installed any plug ins. Iv only just installed b2 so i have no idea why its being like that.

4 Feb 02, 2007 00:01

I'm guessing that it is happening because you haven't specified a default skin yet for the blog it's trying to go to, you can do this in blog settings -> your blog -> skin.

5 Feb 02, 2007 00:20

ok done that and still the same thing happens. Do you think i should try using a different version?

6 Feb 02, 2007 02:43

It looks to me like something has gone wrong in either your unzip of the package, or uploading the files. I'd say get a fresh copy of the zip, unzip it, delete all the b2evolution files on your server EXCEPT conf/_basic_config.php, upload all the new files, and see what happens. Since it's a new installation you've got nothing to lose in your media directory, otherwise you'll want to not delete that folder.

7 Feb 02, 2007 06:27

ok so iv tried starting from scratch and with a different version but still when i tried viewing my blog i got this with the different version:

Warning: main(/home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/skins//_main.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 482

Warning: main(/home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/skins//_main.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 482

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/skins//_main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/kandii/public_html/forever-his/blog/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 482

8 Feb 02, 2007 06:38

Changing versions wasn't required, but since you did I hope you emptied your database before installing the version you're running.

Got a link we can see? Can you get in your back office? Does this happen with every skin?

10 Feb 02, 2007 07:01

Can you paste in the link you get when you try to use the "exit to blogs" feature? Mouse over it and right-click I guess is the way it'll work easiest. Sorry, but I just caught the detail that you have the problem when using that particular feature. Even so I'd have suggested replacing your files with new stuff, but initially I thought you weren't able to view your blog at all.

Hey 1.8.7 is a perfectly cool version to run so let's fix this problem without another install. If we can!

12 Feb 02, 2007 09:08

Well this is strange. That links takes me to your blog, so I can't even begin to imagine a reason it wouldn't take you there from your back office. Is the problem happening every time you leave the back office? I mean from every tab and subtab, after posting or editing, after looking at stats - stuff like that.

If you're willing you could set me up with a username and password and PM them to me so I can poke around from the inside to see what I can figure out. If anything!

13 Feb 02, 2007 09:41

This is VERY odd! I logged in to Flavourz's back office without issue, and simply could not duplicate the problem. No matter where I was in the back office the "exit" link worked like one would expect it to. There's nothing funny about any of the settings, and I tinkered with a few just because I could and why the heck not, but nothing changed what link "exit" pointed to - and it continually worked for me.

Even though I asked in PM I'll ask again out here: what browser are you using and (even though it doesn't matter) do you have javascript enabled? Also is there anything "non-normal" about the computer and OS you're using - even though I can't imagine why that would matter.

If anyone else has a good idea here it'd be okay to jump right in.

14 Feb 02, 2007 11:03

Flavourz as it is working for me and EdB without problem (or at least from what i'm gathering), i'm guessing that it is something to do on your side, maybe somehow a cookie was currupted... Try clearing your cookies, or simply try another browser...

If that doesn't work, we will need to start hacking away at some files to view debug information to gather where the problem is occurring.

15 Feb 02, 2007 11:27

YAY!!!!

Got it sorted. Clearing my cookies worked and now every thing's working fine...well it seems it anyway. Thanks for the help guys.

So no hacking and debugging needed (Thank goodness)

Thanks again :D:D

16 Feb 02, 2007 12:26

Thanks balupton!

Flavourz I trust that you'll now change that extremely complicated password to something easy to remember? ;)

17 Feb 02, 2007 12:48

LMAO ha ha ha yes noted :) and i have done :p LMAO
Thanks again guys :D

18 Feb 02, 2007 13:18

Yer welcome! Stop by when you've got a cool skin or plugin or hack, or another question. It's all good eh?

19 Feb 02, 2007 17:59

Sure thing ill deffo do that :)

Form is loading...