Recent Topics

1 Feb 23, 2007 11:25    

My b2evolution Version: 1.8.7

Hi I have updated my blog from version 0.9 to 1.8, and now I can't upload pics anymore. Worked fine with version 0.8 !

I now get a error when trying to upload saying:

Some file uploads failed. Please check the errors below.

and

An unknown error occurred when moving the uploaded file on the server.

The upload directory exist and it have permission 777.

I know that my host use safemode=on - is that the problem ?

If it is, how to fix ? - I know that the host will not change this setting, so please don't tell me that I have to change the host :-/

HC

2 Feb 23, 2007 11:49

SOLVED !

A strange thing happend when the pic directory was created through b2evolution, eventhough the directory had 775 permissions, I was not able to upload pics. Not even via FTP either :?:

After a FTP upload, the file where visible in the remote directory, but after a directory refresh the file was gone again :?: :?: :?:

Okey, this is what I did.

First in the blog settings, advanced tab. I picked the customs setting and created a custom directory. Then clicking the files tab, makes b2evolution creating the specified directories. But these directories did not work, not even with FTP :o

So I logged out of b2evolution, and in my FTP program I deleted the new directory, and then created it again, giving it permission 777, uploaded a sample pic via FTP, just to check if it works.

Then logged in to b2evolution again, and Hey - it's working :lol: :lol:

I am not a programming nerd, so I can't tell you why, I am just happy that it's working now.

HC.

Form is loading...