Recent Topics

1 Mar 11, 2007 14:51    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I've run into a problem with Internet Explorer 7.0 and my login on a couple small blogs.

Using IE 7 when a user, including me, goes to the blog the Misc menu includes "Login". When a registered user clicks this they go to the login page and enter their username and password. Clicking on the "Login" button takes them back to the blog but it appears that they are NOT logged in even though the "Who's online" widgit reports that they are logged in.

The "Misc" menu still shows "Login" and "Register" and the user cannot go to the Admin area to post to the blog. This problem repeats itself across multiple users from multiple locations, including me.

If the user clicks on "Login to back office" on the login page they go to the back office and everything appears normal. When they click on "Exit to the blogs" they go to the blog and the "Misc" menu now appears as it should, starting with the "Admin" selection.

I have tried all of the IE cookie and security settings I can find and I have even disabled the Winidows firewall. Nothing changes.

This does NOT happen when I use FireFox.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.
Carmine Prestia

2 Mar 13, 2007 13:33

Does this happen with all of the skins?

¥

3 Mar 13, 2007 13:40

I did not test that but will try later today.

I DID find a similar problem in the DOCS and FAQs relative to the baseurl. Initial experiments indicate that might be the problem but I have not confirmed that yet.

Thank you.
Carmine Prestia

4 Mar 13, 2007 13:42

In that case, crack open /conf/_basic_config.php and just check that your $baseurl doesn't end with // (seems to be a common problem recently)

¥

5 Mar 13, 2007 18:58

¥åßßå wrote:

In that case, crack open /conf/_basic_config.php and just check that your $baseurl doesn't end with // (seems to be a common problem recently)

¥

I believe that IS the problem. I looked and the "$baseurl" is of the form:

$baserul = http://domainname.com/b2evolution///

It appears to me I can change the "//' to something more reasonable say:

$baseurl = http://domainname.com/b2evolution/myblog

I'll have to experiment. Thank you.

Carmine Prestia

8 Aug 07, 2007 18:44

I am having similar problems:

The "Misc" menu still shows "Login" and "Register" and the user cannot go to the Admin area to post to the blog. This problem repeats itself across multiple users from multiple locations, including me.

The blog was working flawless in its demo state (which i have been using for over a month) and the baseurl in _basic_config is fine.

It is not an issue of cookies either. It works fine in netscape and mozilla. it even works fine in IE [some] of the time.

the only new thing is that i have a lot more users registered now. no core page changes.

any clues?

version 1.9.xxx
url: knng.varsitysportsradio.com

Form is loading...