Recent Topics

1 Mar 19, 2007 14:33    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

This is the Second time im using Evo and now with the upgrade I seem not able to find any new skins I upload when im in my admin interface, I have tried reloading this again into the skins folder, but alas no success. Is there anything new im missing in 1.9.2 that i need to do ?

2 Mar 19, 2007 15:10

On your Blog Settings tab you pick a blog, then you should have a Skins subtab. There you should find a showing of all the folders (which are skins) in your skins folder. Not seeing them there?

3 Mar 19, 2007 16:32

Thats correct there not appearing in the Skins sub TAB.

4 Mar 19, 2007 17:52

Okay that's a drag. And, just to ask, you're sure they're uploaded to the /path_to_blog/skins/ folder?

Oh hey they've got regular text names right? There's a thing in b2evolution that hides "skins" that begin with an underscore or a dot. Something else too, but the point is that skins need to have regular text names. For example skins/custom would ... er ... SHOULD show up on your skins subtab.

Can you see the default skins that showed up with your installation/upgrade?

5 Mar 19, 2007 18:03

OK well heres the deal now, I had the two sites on the two different versions, then very shrewdly decided to take the risk to upgrade my other that was 1.8 to the 1.9.2. To see if the error would re occur. But no OK so i lost a load of customizing I did to the skin but I have the Css and admin sheets saved and took 2 secs to repair it all. So here is the confusion now. 8| 8| 8|

6 Mar 19, 2007 18:08

Errrmmmmmmmmmmm Ok its fixed. I'd rather not say how I set myself two days back

7 Mar 19, 2007 18:09

Awww g'won, tell us ..... it's been ages since EdB's giggled like a bitch :roll:

¥

8 Mar 19, 2007 18:37

A space before the Folder name >:-< >:-< >:-< >:-<

Ithinkweshouldhavenospaces,theyarehighlyannoying!!!!

9 Mar 19, 2007 18:40

OKwaitwtfitdidntwork.dearlord.nowihatespacesandupdates.

10 Mar 19, 2007 18:41

Ok is enough of the spaces, is there any way of manually refreshing the skins list in the admin interface ?

11 Mar 19, 2007 18:54

ohhh, yer looking very spaced out in your last post :D

"manually refreshing", you should find that just pressing f5 will call up the latest skin list?

¥

12 Mar 19, 2007 20:02

¥åßßå wrote:

ohhh, yer looking very spaced out in your last post :D

"manually refreshing", you should find that just pressing f5 will call up the latest skin list?

¥

Ha ha ha, I take that as no then.

Form is loading...